Looks like Chambers will have more pressure on his shoulders to make more plays. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like Chambers will have more pressure on his shoulders to make more plays.

ckparrothead said:
I like how you come to this conclusion because of a report that Boston took longer to show up for a team huddle (while sitting out of practice due to shin split) than Larry Chester, and reports that Boston is about 5 or 10 pounds heavier than the coaches want hmi to be.

Well at least he used two facts to come to a conclusion. If you also look at his past with the Chargers and ask yourself..."Is this a pattern?"...I think you can come to the same conclusion.

Superself said:
Its great to dream and hope that Boston does well with us. But as far as I'm concerned, he has started regressing back into his old habits.

Similar to a drug addict. They come off drugs cold turkey and change everything about their lives to stay away from the stuff...but then all of sudden you start to see their old habits creep back into their lives and you just KNOW they have started using again one way or the other.

Boston may not be addicted to drugs but he seems addicted to bodybuilding to the point where he has this mindset that if his body doesn't look a certain way, he may think he looks FAT. Notice how OBLIVIOUS he is to the fact that being that big and muscular can harm his career as a WR in the NFL. It is so damn obvious from John Gamble to us as fans that this is true. I'm sure they have told him time and time again that his legs are not built to support all that weight while doing severe cuts and quicksprints. David gives them the okey doke....then goes home, looks in the mirror, says screw that and starts lifting.

I truly hope he can stay on the field. It would be a HUGE plus if he stays healthy during training camp/preseason.

Do you know this from a reliable source, im serious about this Boston thing people keep saying that he will go back to his old ways or hes being stubborn about his weight. Come on people are you on the field with Boston and did he tell you personally that He's not gonna lose weight :cry:. Until he comes out and says this im not listening to any of this media B.S. as far as im concerned it seems like its tearing some fans apart.

The guy may be a little heavier than what he should be playing at, but he's got more speed than he needs already, and he's in shape, it's not like he's a larry allen or something. Mini camps are pretty much optional, and atleast he showed up, why aggravate an injury in May that could make you miss valuable Trainning camp time, if you don't have too. Boston will be fine, if not great come september even if he doesn't lose a pound. :cooldude:

Superself said:
Its great to dream and hope that Boston does well with us. But as far as I'm concerned, he has started regressing back into his old habits.

:shakeno: as far as your concerned, u know about 10% of the entire stituation. Why is it so hard for people to realize that boston is in the perfect situation to shine........but all anybody wants to bring up is his chances of failure. He has a far better chance of succeding than failing, imo.

finregime said:
How the frek do i get a picture with my Sig?

you need to get a URL like http:// and the picture link with it and put this in front
clear.gif

TheBostonBomber said:
:shakeno: as far as your concerned, u know about 10% of the entire stituation. Why is it so hard for people to realize that boston is in the perfect situation to shine........but all anybody wants to bring up is his chances of failure. He has a far better chance of succeding than failing, imo.

AMEN BROTHER :lol:

TheBostonBomber said:

How do you figure that it is hard for people to realize that Boston is in the perfect situation to shine? That does not automatically mean he will take advantage of it.

I'm simply citing repeated bad habits that he performed while in San Diego. You can believe what you want to, but when I see repeated bad habits, I get concerned.

34RWilliams said:
Do you know this from a reliable source, im serious about this Boston thing people keep saying that he will go back to his old ways or hes being stubborn about his weight. Come on people are you on the field with Boston and did he tell you personally that He's not gonna lose weight :cry:. Until he comes out and says this im not listening to any of this media B.S. as far as im concerned it seems like its tearing some fans apart.
I'm simply saying that the process has begun. By him adding more weight (and btw, 10 pounds of muscle is a LOT!) instead of continuing to lose, I get concerned. He did the same thing in San Diego....look it up!.

Look, this isn't me blindly being negative, I'm just pointing out some concerns that I'm sure the coaches have also.

I would like someone to explain to me how easy it takes to lose muscle while still lifting.

What bad habits, I guy moves slow to the huddle once, media blows it out of porportion, makes it sound like he made a call on his cell phone to KFC to order a bucket of Chicken, ate it all and then came waddling out on the field. He has an injury maybe a minor one, I don't know, but why risk further injurying himself when he has a history of injuries, just to play catch with feeley & fiedler. He has already lost what 20 some pounds from the 260 he played at last year, it would probably be unhealthy to lose weight any faster, when there is no fat there to lose.

philyphin said:
What bad habits, I guy moves slow to the huddle once, media blows it out of porportion, makes it sound like he made a call on his cell phone to KFC to order a bucket of Chicken, ate it all and then came waddling out on the field. He has an injury maybe a minor one, I don't know, but why risk further injurying himself when he has a history of injuries, just to play catch with feeley & fiedler. He has already lost what 20 some pounds from the 260 he played at last year, it would probably be unhealthy to lose weight any faster, when there is no fat there to lose.

You mentioned one...history of injuries that keeps him out of practice. Small ones. Maybe not the same injuries but similar muscle types of injuiries he had with the Chargers too.

Another is dragging himself into practice...that is an old habit with the Charges too.

pb1300 said:
All this talk about Boston and his weight...has anyone ever thought whats going to happen when training camp opens and the team goes through some two-a-days? And what kind of effect the workouts and heat will do on anyone's body weight? Boston will be fine come opening day, i dont think there will be a problem with that.
The heat won't remove muscle mass, which is the only weight he has to lose. The only way he can remove that weight is to do the opposite of what he has been doing since college; body building. If he makes football his priority, he will have no problems. If he tries to balance the two (fotball and body building), he is going to fail with the Dolphins and most likely his potential football career.

Superself said:
I'm simply saying that the process has begun. By him adding more weight (and btw, 10 pounds of muscle is a LOT!) instead of continuing to lose, I get concerned. He did the same thing in San Diego....look it up!.

Look, this isn't me blindly being negative, I'm just pointing out some concerns that I'm sure the coaches have also.

I know 10 lbs of muscle is alot but to lose it in south florida heat for maybe 2 a day practices come training camp will be nothing off his back except muslcle :) . I know everything will be fine come TC he'll have more weight off, and be performing alot better then previously looked.

PlowHorse34 said:
The heat won't remove muscle mass, which is the only weight he has to lose. The only way he can remove that weight is to do the opposite of what he has been doing since college; body building. If he makes football his priority, he will have no problems. If he tries to balance the two (fotball and body building), he is going to fail with the Dolphins and most likely his potential football career.

Heat wont remove his mass but doing massive amounts of running and doing drills in the heat certainly will.

Back
Top Bottom