Looks like Drake is starting but spliting snaps with Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like Drake is starting but spliting snaps with Williams

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
11263.jpg

Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen said the backfield will be handled "by committee" following the Jay Ajayi trade.

This is not a surprise, but it is still good to get confirmation. The committee will consist of Kenyan Drake and Damien Williams, with Drake likely to be more of the "lead back" -- coach Adam Gase called him the No. 2 early in October -- and Williams in a passing-down role. Drake is the better fantasy bet of the two, but neither is likely to return more than RB3/FLEX value.

Ozzy rules!!

Im starting Drake, because i cant start Ajai i dont think.
why cant you? I bet he will play for Philly right away. not sure I'd expect better results but he is in a better offense now so maybe

if Gase said that in early October then why hasn't it shown on the field? I don't think Drake has seen much time on offense at all. I'd expect Damien to start. rotoworld never knows what they are talking about

I'm pretty sure they're both going to get about the same amount of snaps unless we fall behind early and have to trow it in which case Williams would most likely be in there more for blocking

Ozzy rules!!

I'm pretty sure they're both going to get about the same amount of snaps unless we fall behind early and have to trow it in which case Williams would most likely be in there more for blocking

Ozzy rules!!
Excellent chance of that

I'm surprised Gase didn't give Drake more work this year if this was kind of in the back of his head to get rid of Ajayi. Drake had like 5 carries this season so far...

RB by committee worked for Shula. The only time Miami really had a workhorse RB was the first few years wtih Ricky Williams, and Wanny drove him into the ground.

I'm surprised Gase didn't give Drake more work this year if this was kind of in the back of his head to get rid of Ajayi. Drake had like 5 carries this season so far...
Good point. Gase could have made a point by benching Ajayi, but I think he felt he had already tried that and it didn't work. With Ajayi's success last year, it put Gase in a tough position..so getting rid of him was all he could do.

11263.jpg

Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen said the backfield will be handled "by committee" following the Jay Ajayi trade.

This is not a surprise, but it is still good to get confirmation. The committee will consist of Kenyan Drake and Damien Williams, with Drake likely to be more of the "lead back" -- coach Adam Gase called him the No. 2 early in October -- and Williams in a passing-down role. Drake is the better fantasy bet of the two, but neither is likely to return more than RB3/FLEX value.

Ozzy rules!!

I suspect the RB who is 'hot' will get the most snaps. Is it reasonable to say Perry gets some snaps?

I suspect the RB who is 'hot' will get the most snaps. Is it reasonable to say Perry gets some snaps?
In way he should but here's the problem. Now that Drake and Williams will be our there on offense way more and Thomas is starting at FS because of the injury to Allen, you're taking away 3 of the best ST's players we have so Perry along with Scott will have to be a big part of ST's so I doubt Perry get many snaps on offense at this point if any unless someone goes down. I'd like to see what Perry can do but ST's are important so I just don't see it at this time. Once TJM starts to play then it'll free Thomas to go back to ST's and then we might see Perry on offense

Ozzy rules!!

Good point. Gase could have made a point by benching Ajayi, but I think he felt he had already tried that and it didn't work. With Ajayi's success last year, it put Gase in a tough position..so getting rid of him was all he could do.
he gave the other backs no carries at all and continued to run Ajayi this is all on gase. other coaches that are better than Gase do not put that workload on a back that feel is not doing what he is supposed to

Back
Top Bottom