Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks Like WR @ 21 MIGHT Be The Move. If So, Who?

If WR Is The Pick @ 21...Who?

• Total voters
I think only two of these guys are worthy of being drafted as early as 21 (and in both cases, it's a slightly too early pick) and Worthy is certainly not one of them - all flash, no pan.

Not Lagette - does not block well. Someone compared him to Deebo? Please. Other than that, he's pretty darned good.

Not McConkey - as much as I hate UGA, I like McConkey but he would be vastly overdrafted at 21. Separation issues, lack of twitch, intermediate routes need work.

That leaves me with the toss up of between Mitchell and Thomas, who are seemingly similar making this a very difficult choice.

Thomas probably has the better upside, but I went with Mitchell, who has the better hands.

Now having blathered on about all that, I hope we don't go WR at 21, but that doesn't matter as I'm sticking with the question at hand, unlike some of you people :cigar

I'd lean Barton, because Miami won't have to many chances to draft OL of that caliber, assuming they keep making the playoffs. Also, Thomas Jr, as talented as he is, will likely have a limited role to start, and particularly in Miami, it might take him a while to get up to speed. It's one of the reasons I'm so high on McConkey Day 1 and Rice Day 2. They're guys that should pick up the offense quicker than the other WR's available to Miami.
I'd be nervous about Thomas, who appears to have trouble separating. Barton to me is the Homerun pick for Miami if it came down to Thomas and Barton at #21. And as you know I love Rice for Miami at #55. He gives Miami an OJ McDuffie type 3rd down machine.

I totally agree. Adding Thomas would overwhelm opposing defenses. Also consider that Hill and Waddle get dinged and injured frequently.

Thomas is the only WR I would consider at 21.

We also have to consider that Waddle will be a FA next year. We might be able to tag and trade him. Sort of what the Bengals are considering with Tee Higgins. We have to stay forward thinking.
Plus, the potential advantage to the run game. Teams would have to start three corners and really concentrate on slowing down the Miami passing game.

It's definitely something to think about.

Leggette scares me a bit... he's a one year wonder type of player. This type of player always strikes me as boom or bust.
I mean... he LOOKS like a taller Tyreek Hill, but he's awfully green and seems to be more of a contested catch guy than anything else.

I think he fits 2-3rd round.
He needs to refine his route running for sure. Same with Thomas. But both of these guys fit that playing above the rim quality.

If we draft a WR, this franchise is completely directionless.
Totally disagree, Tyreek has 2 seasons left here in Miami tops
From what I have been seeing and reading, Legette seems to be the best scheme fit. Thomas would fill the need for sure, Worthy reminds me of Jakeem Grant- hard pass...
Worthy is miles better of a WR than Grant ever was. Worthy may not be a 1st rounder but comparing him to Grant isn't a good comp

IMO Brian Thomas is the only WR on that list that is reasonable to pick 21st overall. Worthy is basically Henry Ruggs 2.0 (minus the off field issues). Legette is a phenomenal prospect, but he is very, very raw as a WR. Unless a team absolutely loves him, I could see him dropping to mid day 2.

Totally disagree, Tyreek has 2 seasons left here in Miami tops

Worthy is miles better of a WR than Grant ever was. Worthy may not be a 1st rounder but comparing him to Grant isn't a good comp
Grant is 5'6".

My selection... and this was prompted by the Bucky Brooks article that Dolfan just posted...
Would be Coleman at 55.
He's the type of WR that I think we need.
At some point, Coleman has value. He has trouble separating and ran poorly at the combine. But, he may be the best 50/50 winner at wide receiver in this draft.

I'd lean Barton, because Miami won't have to many chances to draft OL of that caliber, assuming they keep making the playoffs. Also, Thomas Jr, as talented as he is, will likely have a limited role to start, and particularly in Miami, it might take him a while to get up to speed. It's one of the reasons I'm so high on McConkey Day 1 and Rice Day 2. They're guys that should pick up the offense quicker than the other WR's available to Miami.
Barton and Sinnott or Barton and Legette would be a nice start for Miami.

I think Barton should make it to 21, or close. He's exactly what the Dolphins need. I think, despite short arms, he could move to LT in 2025.

Thomas and Mahogany might be the option, or something similar, if the team goes that route. Might be able to trade down a bit to get Mahogany. I think Beebe and Frazier will be gone in the top 40.

Back
Top Bottom