LT Eric Fischer hitting the FA market | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LT Eric Fischer hitting the FA market

SammySmif

Starter
Reaction score
Another elite OL the Fins could pursue. I don't know about you guys but I'd love to see us sign 3-4 OL this offseason.

Another elite OL the Fins could pursue. I don't know about you guys but I'd love to see us sign 3-4 OL this offseason.
He is solid. Elite not anymore. Now he was coming off injury last year so maybe he bounces back some but he is also like 32. I would definitely look into him as he would definitely be cheaper then a guy like Armstead and tends to stay healthy as well.

Maybe a decent backup plan if the top guys cannot be signed or traded for. He is above average for sure which is a huge improvement for Miami haha

Might be a better option than Armstead when factoring in cap hit and availability during the season. Just get somebody!

I wouldn't call him "elite"...
Correct. He is an upgrade over Jackson and Eicheberg at LT but he certainly can’t be considered “elite”. Hopefully they can sign or draft an “elite” LT but Fisher is obviously looking to be paid top dollar and he’s just not worth it, IMO.

A once top Tackle, but he has to be up there in age, and in decline mode.

If his price was for a once great, but now just solid, and declining linemen...I am fine with that, but do not pay premium bucks for him, he's not that Tackle anymore.

Correct. He is an upgrade over Jackson and Eicheberg at LT but he certainly can’t be considered “elite”. Hopefully they can sign or draft an “elite” LT but Fisher is obviously looking to be paid top dollar and he’s just not worth it, IMO.
Agreed. I'd take him for the right price as a bridge LT, but not paying big bucks for him.

If I go after a bridge type guy bring in Compton from San Fran. He'll be 33 but still have some gas in the tank, and rated out well with PFF last year and knows the system.

Yeah he is older. We may be able to get him for less.

I'd love an SF Lineman. That was a great unit last year. Obviously they can execute the new scheme.

Back
Top Bottom