LT's release helps Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LT's release helps Dolphins?

krosston

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What if LT's release allows the Dolphins to add draft picks. Just for fun, what if:

Dolphins swap 1st round picks with Chargers and we get their 3rd round pick. The Chargers focus on getting CJ Spiller to replace LT.

We use the newly acquired 3rd round pick to trade with the Cardinals for Bolden.

We focus free agency on signing Dansby.

We then have a 1st (#27), 2nd, and 3rd to get the best available NT, DE/LB, and FS.

What do you think?

What if LT's release allows the Dolphins to add draft picks. Just for fun, what if:

Dolphins swap 1st round picks with Chargers and we get their 3rd round pick. The Chargers focus on getting CJ Spiller to replace LT.

We use the newly acquired 3rd round pick to trade with the Cardinals for Bolden.

We focus free agency on signing Dansby.

We then have a 1st (#27), 2nd, and 3rd to get the best available NT, DE/LB, and FS.

What do you think?

At #27 NT Dan Williams will be gone, both FS Eric Berry and Earl Thomas will be gone, but at that point OLB Brandon Graham would be good value, if he is still there. If not, Griffen or Kindle. So in that scenario, it would likely be a SOLB at #27. Not bad. But not sure, we want to drop so far in the first round. I'd demand there 2nd round pick instead of their 3rd rounder. Its too late in the round.

That trade is actually robbery for SD. Because the 3rd rounder is basically a 4th round pick. They'd need to give up more than just the #27 and the late 3rd for the #12 pick.

if we are trading down from 12 to 27 i think we would get more then a third i think they would give us a second

This idea acctually crossed my mind today. I think our FO should do everything they can to convince the Chargers that we covet Spiller and see what we can get. But like Mr. Ed said. Think it will cost them more than a 3rd rounder to mover up 15 spots.

Yeah, a first, second, and fourth is more like it. Another interesting tradedown possibility is Philly, who just released Westbrook. They pick 24th I believe. Here's hoping Jonathan Dwyer and Ryan Mathews have a hell of a combine showing. Would definitely open things up for us to trade down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe switch 1st's, a 3rd and a 1st in 2011 but nothing less!

This is acctually exactly what I was thinking.

But the problem I see is that the Chargers wouldnt have to move all the way up to 12 IMO. This is why I think it will be key for us to show interest in Spiller. Drive up the price a bit. Man this type of speculation is so exiting!! Love this time a year

Yeah, a first, second, and fourth is more like it. Another interesting tradedown possibility is Philly, who just released Westbrook. They pick 24th I believe. Here's hoping Jonathan Dwyer and Ryan Mathews have a hell of a combine showing. Would definitely open things up for us to trade down.

The Eagles spent a first rounder on McCoy last year (personally I think he is gunna be a stud). So, I doubt they spend another 1st rounder on a RB. But the NFL is turning into a two back league. So never say never.

This is acctually exactly what I was thinking.

But the problem I see is that the Chargers wouldnt have to move all the way up to 12 IMO. This is why I think it will be key for us to show interest in Spiller. Drive up the price a bit. Man this type of speculation is so exiting!! Love this time a year

P.Kirwin on Sirius doesn't think Spiller makes it out of the top ten, it will be interesting to watch how the draft developes.

The Eagles spent a first rounder on McCoy last year (personally I think he is gunna be a stud). So, I doubt they spend another 1st rounder on a RB. But the NFL is turning into a two back league. So never say never.

Yeah I thought about McCoy, but maybe they want someone to pair with him.

its a fun idea, but i dont know if i would do it. we need to get more out of that, at 27, everyone we have been targeting may be gone including Graham and Griffen.

I liek the idea, but like everyone said above...we need to get more than just a 3rd rounder...I'm thinking our 1st for their 1st and 2nd plus a 2nd in 2011..

THE TRUTH.
trading draft picks for aging players is a big part of the mess we now face.

AS already mentioned a third would not be enough and to add to that I am not sure CJ Spiller is the back they want. I am a huge Spiller fan and think he will be good if used correctly, but SD's problem is they can't run between the tackles. They already have a small speedy back in Sproles, they need a bigger back and they wont have to move up to get one.

Back
Top Bottom