Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden - A Metrics Breakdown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden - A Metrics Breakdown

I thought about doing one on Flynn to compare to these guys, but since he only started two games, any comparison to these QBs would be pretty off. Even though I 'only' did 4 games of the college QBs, if I had picked any two for them - I probably could have manipulated the stats to say anything I wanted. Four is a better sample size. So as much as I want to do Flynn to compare, I'm not planning on it.

For what it's worth, my velocity measures tells me what we already know: Brandon Weeden has a damn good arm. Best in class. Velocity is second to none. Robert Griffin's velocity doesn't even touch it. Nor Ryan Tannehill's. Actually Tannehill and Griffin come out in a tie. Both are ahead of pre-surgery Peyton.

One thing people may not realize is that Matt Flynn's velocity on similar throws of similar distances is actually consistently higher than Griffin's and Tannehill's. I'd attribute this to the consistency you see from a more mature pro arm. Tannehill and especially Griffin can top out pretty close to where I've seen Flynn top out, but their velocity is inconsistent so Flynn's average is higher.

CK,
You are the GM for the Dolphins...let's assume Manning is out of the picture, do you sign Flynn or draft Tannehill or Weedon. If you go for the rooks...is #8 too high? Where do you see Weedon (what round & pick). Excuse me for putting you on the spot but I really value your opinion. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom