Luol Deng Declares for Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luol Deng Declares for Draft

So much for the "better them than us" argument b/c in addition to Duke's Livingston, JR Smith just declared for the NBA draft. :mad: Neither are retaining agents, so they could effectively still go to college although I seriously doubt that will happen. IMO, The NBA is virtually unwatchable. It represents all that is insignificant and trivial in sports from playing too many meaningless games, to a style of play that serious makes me wonder why they call it a team sport. They pay real good, however, and I can hardly blame someone for wanting to make a million or two now rather than later. Nevertheless, the NBA is screwing themselves by bringing in unproven talent that lowers the standard of play and really screwing college basketball by siphoning off quality players that could add to the excitement of the game while giving these players a chance to mature. Oh well, good luck to the boys that make the jump but I hope the powers that be in the NBA all rot in hell. :fire:

The NBA really is in dire need on an NFL early entry rule. It's killing the game.

TarHeelPhinfan said:
So much for the "better them than us" argument b/c in addition to Duke's Livingston, JR Smith just declared for the NBA draft. :mad: Neither are retaining agents, so they could effectively still go to college although I seriously doubt that will happen. IMO, The NBA is virtually unwatchable. It represents all that is insignificant and trivial in sports from playing too many meaningless games, to a style of play that serious makes me wonder why they call it a team sport. They pay real good, however, and I can hardly blame someone for wanting to make a million or two now rather than later. Nevertheless, the NBA is screwing themselves by bringing in unproven talent that lowers the standard of play and really screwing college basketball by siphoning off quality players that could add to the excitement of the game while giving these players a chance to mature. Oh well, good luck to the boys that make the jump but I hope the powers that be in the NBA all rot in hell. :fire:

Duke also lost Shaun Livingston yesterday as he made his itnetnions known that he'd entering the draft but not yet hiring an agent.

It sucks that JR is most likely not going to UNC BUT better him than May, McCants, Felton or Marvin Williams. W/ JR we would have been incredibly talented and very deep w/o him we are incredibly talented and deep. A loss but not a loss that should damage our title hopes.

I hope you're right NYJUNC. With the addition of QT and Wes Miller along with Marvin W they will have some serious talent and depth that should make them a contender. JR would have put them over the top, especially with his 3 point shooting ability. Other than McCants, they sorely lack a consistant outside scorer. Maybe Melvin Scott can pick up his game a notch if he doesn't have to worry about playing point. We'll see. The frightening thing is what happens after next year. M. Williams, McCants, May, and Felton could all go pro, Jawad and M. Scott will graduate. Ouch! :eek:

SM29, I agree that the NBA should have an early entry rule. Unfortunately they've set quite a precedent by letting so many in that I doubt they could enforce the rule now. It's too bad, though. I really think an 18 year old could get a lot out of a year or two of college. It couldn't hurt.

I'm not sure about Deng. He's probably going to have to learn on the bench for a while. He's got talent and he is probably as ready as Livingston or JR Smith but I don't think any of them will have much impact right away.

Back
Top Bottom