Lynch: 'Buyer beware' with Marshall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynch: 'Buyer beware' with Marshall

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Former All-Pro safety John Lynch has some advice for the Chicago Bears if they plan on pursuing Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall.

"Buyer beware," Lynch said on the "Waddle & Silvy" show on ESPN 1000.
Lynch, who retired last year and will be a FOX television analyst this season, was Marshall's teammate in Denver during the 2006 and '07 seasons. Marshall had made some noise about wanting to be traded, but he recently said he will report to training camp on time.

"I don't like saying [buyer beware], but you've got to call a spade a spade, and I think it's a dangerous proposition," Lynch said. "I don't think you'll see the Broncos sign him to a long-term deal, because right now the behavior he's demonstrated off the field, I don't think you'd feel comfortable doing anything long term.

"As I said, on the field, he's very comparable to a guy like Terrell Owens. He's that good of a player. But being a professional in my mind ... takes doing it on the field and off the field. You can't have all choir boys. I believe in first and second chances, but when you're talking about 13 or 14 ... I think at a certain point you've got to say this guy's got some issues that he's got to work out before you can trust him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4336504

Back
Top Bottom