Lynch Looking To Make Up For Lost Time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynch Looking To Make Up For Lost Time

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...ost-Time/c5920073-d683-408d-b109-fdd0c539c107

To use a football analogy, Arthur Lynch’s NFL career began last season with a false start. But after a rookie season spent on injured reserve, Lynch is determined to show the Dolphins they made a good decision when they invested a fifth-round pick on him in the 2014 NFL draft.

The big tight end from the University of Georgia is confident he started doing just that during the offseason program.

“I  think I’ve done an overall good job,” Lynch said on the final day of minicamp. “It’s unfortunate to say, but it’s like I’m a rookie all over again because a lot of the reps that I missed, whether it be in camp or whether it be in OTAs, so the fact that I’ve been able to come out here and not be held back, not have any physical restrictions, that was my main goal at least entering OTAs. Now to kind of do it, finish up minicamp and hopefully when we put the pads on, kind of separate myself through my physicality.”

Lynch’s rookie season officially ended last Aug. 26 when he was placed on injured reserve with a back injury that he says had been hampering him since the spring.

Lynch did suit up for the 2014 preseason opener against the Atlanta Falcons, but his action in that game consisted of only one snap on offense. He was inactive for the next two games before moving to IR during the first round of roster cuts.

While he wasn’t able to play, Lynch made sure to try to absorb and learn as much as he could throughout the regular season.

“From a rep standpoint, I still feel like I was kind of a rookie (this spring) but mentally I feel like I was a little bit ahead of the game just from mental reps, you do a lot of that, especially when you come out here and you’re in every single meeting room,” Lynch said. “This is your job. It’s not like college where you’re sitting there and half your day is in the classroom. This is your classroom. For me, I learned a lot, was able to kind of hit the ground running from a mental standpoint and just to be able to be cleared medically and not having restrictions and just being able to compete and not have that kind of thing lingering in the back of your mind was really what I was hoping I would get out of this OTAs and I think I was able to do that.”

Please click on link for the rest of the article.

I had high hopes for this guy(at least as a physical blocker)when they drafted him.

IF he comes along the Fins will have a pretty good group at TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another non-explosive athlete at the TE position. Another in a long run of meh Miami TEs.

We have to sign FAs to get any real TE talent in here.

LD

Back
Top Bottom