Mac Jones traded. Better than Tua? LOL | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mac Jones traded. Better than Tua? LOL

Interesting that 3 of the 4 quarterbacks taken that year are abysmal failures. That further reinforces my take that there are not enough good starters to fill out the 32 teams competitively.
3 out of 4? More like 2 out of 4. Tua hasn't done anything more to prove he's better than Herbert. They Both haven't won playoff games. They both had/have shitty o lines and stupid coaches. I'd say they're about equal right now. Herbert has a legit coach now and we are in yr 3 of our system and coach. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I don't think Mac is a world beater but I also don't think he is as bad as he looked last year. He was throwing to Miami castoffs from 2020 who we know can't get any separation at all.

He'll definitely be the best backup in the league but the problem is that he is basically a 1 year rent as you can't pick up his 5th year option (not that you would want to anyway) and I wouldn't be surprised if someone gives him a chance at a starting job next year. For a 6th round pick though, I wouldn't have minded having him as a backup this year to be honest. Probably best he isn't in Miami though as you know the first time Tua throws a bad pass the haters would be out in force calling for Jones to start.

Just see that thread were 41 idiots wanted Mac over Tua.

I think Mac Jones goes the way of Blake Bortles. Not talented enough to keep for his upside, and not the right mentality to be a backup. #2 QB is it's own position. You have to prepare to play like the starter every week, help with the scout team, help put together the game plan with the other guys in the QB room and support the #1 guy.

There's a reason guys like Chase Daniel and Josh McCown had such long careers. Reports out if New England suggest Jones was a toxic guy to be around and totally split the QB room to the point where Zappe was watching film with the wide receivers instead.

Also, I'mman am I glad that it looks like we have Tua for another 2/3 years at least. I do not want to get involved in drafting QBs again for a while. Looking at the list of guys taken in the first round over the last 20 years turns my stomach. Every fanbase thought they had their guy at some point. It seems likely that 6 guys could go in the first this year, how many of them are going to turn out to not be the guy? 4/5?

3 out of 4? More like 2 out of 4. Tua hasn't done anything more to prove he's better than Herbert. They Both haven't won playoff games. They both had/have shitty o lines and stupid coaches. I'd say they're about equal right now. Herbert has a legit coach now and we are in yr 3 of our system and coach. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
He's talking year Mac was drafted not Tua.

He's talking year Mac was drafted not Tua.
He's not going to let that stand in the way of Tua bashing at every opportunity, even when the post had absolutely nothing to do with TT.

It's one thing to have an opinion but damn, that post was about something totally unrelated.

Sorry @eMCee85 , but you totally ignored the context of the post to which you were replying. Everything isn't about Tua.

Linda Karen GIF

Nice try, but same ole song. Tua and Herbert were drafted the year before.

He's not going to let that stand in the way of Tua bashing at every opportunity, even when the post had absolutely nothing to do with TT.

It's one thing to have an opinion but damn, that post was about something totally unrelated.

Sorry @eMCee85 , but you totally ignored the context of the post to which you were replying. Everything isn't about Tua.
Yes, I wasn't thinking Mac was drafted the year after. My bad

I don't know how to feel about Mac Jones, TBH. Anyone who doesn't feel sympathy for the guy that he had to be the one whose career was damaged (maybe ruined) during the Patriots fall from grace is pretty heartless. He started with a 92.5 rating and in each year thereafter things slid further into the gutter and you could see how painful it was written on his face this year. He was not having fun and that organization was a total mess.

Each year his TD% went down, his Y/A went down, his CMP% went down and his INT% went up. Literally everything got worse. To me, that's not just the player. We saw Bama in 2020 and we saw Jones' first season in 2021 when he led to team to 10-7 and got to the Playoffs and looked very good for a rookie. That's just a total lack of development.

>> Goes to show how many players never really get a fair shot at a career in the NFL.

I agree with those that say it really has nothing to do with Tua. It's 2 different people and 2 different careers. I will say though, if you're bragging that Tua lives in a better world, you really need to understand that Miami did 1,000 things to help support Tua while NE did basically everything they could to crash the plane Jones was riding. That's nothing to brag about.

As someone else said, I'd feel better if I thought NE was continuing down the same path of making bad moves.

I don't know how to feel about Mac Jones, TBH. Anyone who doesn't feel sympathy for the guy that he had to be the one whose career was damaged (maybe ruined) during the Patriots fall from grace is pretty heartless. He started with a 92.5 rating and in each year thereafter things slid further into the gutter and you could see how painful it was written on his face this year. He was not having fun and that organization was a total mess.

Each year his TD% went down, his Y/A went down, his CMP% went down and his INT% went up. Literally everything got worse. To me, that's not just the player. We saw Bama in 2020 and we saw Jones' first season in 2021 when he led to team to 10-7 and got to the Playoffs and looked very good for a rookie. That's just a total lack of development.

>> Goes to show how many players never really get a fair shot at a career in the NFL.

I agree with those that say it really has nothing to do with Tua. It's 2 different people and 2 different careers. I will say though, if you're bragging that Tua lives in a better world, you really need to understand that Miami did 1,000 things to help support Tua while NE did basically everything they could to crash the plane Jones was riding. That's nothing to brag about.

As someone else said, I'd feel better if I thought NE was continuing down the same path of making bad moves.
I'd argue Tua had things way, way worse than Mac for his first 2 years and it's only the last 2 years that Miami has actually supported Tua and are starting to reap the fruits of it. (Not to the 41 numbskulls in the other thread though...)

New England seemed to go the opposite way. They started out supporting him and his 92 rating was pretty decent for a young QB and shows he could at least be a low level starter. Then for some reason they saw the crap Miami was running with Tua and thought "We want some of that" and went and signed Parker and Gesicki, two guys that are famous for their lack of separation and their lack of YAC. Every ball you throw to them is a contested catch.

Total malpractice from the New England front office, it was a master class in how to destroy your young QB. I still think he ends up being a great backup or a low level starter somewhere at some point unless his personality really is a toxic as people say.

Not a bad QB but now with zero self-confidence.

My prediction, Mac will be starting again within next 2-3 yrs as Pederson builds back his confidence level and he closely observes how Lawrence comports himself as the starting QB. This is a great interim move for him.

But he never was nor ever will be at Tua's level of proficiency

Not a bad QB but now with zero self-confidence.

My prediction, Mac will be starting again within next 2-3 yrs as Pederson builds back his confidence level and he closely observes how Lawrence comports himself as the starting QB. This is a great interim move for him.

But he never was nor ever will be at Tua's level of proficiency
I'd prefer if you made fun of him. đź‘€

Back
Top Bottom