"Maddog" Mandich-"Scent of Cow Manure" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Maddog" Mandich-"Scent of Cow Manure"

Who is your favorite local sports personality ?

• Howard David

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Jim Mandich

Votes: 59 59.0%
  • Hank Goldberg

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Kim Bokamper

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Big O

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Joe Rose

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Dan Lebatard

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Other (Wtite in)

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
http://www.wqam.com/cgi-bin/navobjs?template=template.htm&recno=51&id=3 We have all enjoyed Maddog's show on WQAM and have incorporated some his expressions into our own language such as "Awwwwright Miami !""Green lizards"
"Put it to your nosey and it aint smelling like a rosey""Wackey Tabacky" etcetera.

For more of Maddog's one liners take a look at this article which includes ;

"While some announcers elsewhere gloss over mistakes by their team or accentuate the positive, WQAM's Howard David and Jim Mandich deserve credit for delivering unfiltered candor during this abysmal Dolphins season.

Consider:
• While both praise the defense, they have bashed the offense as angry fans would. ''This is malodorous, ugly, hard to watch,'' Mandich groaned during the Jets game. After Jay Fiedler's game-clinching turnover, Mandich said, ``To say this one carries the scent of cow manure with it would be an understatement

• After another penalty by tight end Donald Lee, Mandich said, ``Donald Lee ought to go in the corner and put a dunce cap on.''

• Explaining the thinking to beating the Dolphins, Mandich noted, ``Given enough time, they will implode and beat themselves.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/9864966.htm

So I would like to include a poll as to who is your favorite local radio sports personality and why ?.I am not including some of the young Pups but you can write them in the "other" category.

Jorge Sedano, who is lost right now, for me is right up there with Mandich. He, my friend, tells it like it is. Does anyone know if we can hear him at any time?

Nothing against Big O, cause I like him a lot too, but Mandich is just a legend.

P.S. LaRetard shouldn't even be on the list.

I love Mad Dog's one liners, but Joe Rose is entertaining, has always been objective as far as I'm concerned & never above poking fun at himself.

Mandich is great on air but I've seen him at practices and he's not the nicest guy in the world to fans.

Goldberg is way overrated. He's just plain rude and he doesn't seem to care about his radio gig anymore.

Big "O" is a true fan and I've liked him since the beginning. His only problem is his ego seems to have grown a little and he carries grudges with some players (who probably rubbed him the wrong way) which sometimes seems to affect his reporting. But he's cool with the callers and he knows his stuff.

Kimbo and Joe Rose seem to be sincere. Joe is a trip.

Dan ruined his credibility with the whole Ricky fiasco and Howard David is just terrible. Getting rid of Bill Zimpher was a big mistake.

I like Joe Rose. He might not be terribly insightful, but he is entertaining at least until he starts singing.

Frankly, I like most of those guys except for LeBatard. Nothing personal against Dan, but he rarely brings any kind of perspective that I find worth reading. He either kisses up to someone or throws out some incidiary comment to get people angry. Yawn. I do listen to LeBAtard's show because he has awesome guests.

I thought Howard David was decent filling in for Hank. Hank is worth a listen from time to time as he has some good sources. It is clear Hank feels bad for Dave at hates Rick, and that gets old after a while.

Maddog is cool and responds to his email, which is very cool. But, his show gets a bit dull after a while. No guests and the same stuff over and over.

Joe Rose​
clear.gif

I like most of them but I vote for Big O because Mandich has too many votes.

Back
Top Bottom