Making the morning rounds: Camp Reports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making the morning rounds: Camp Reports

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
Just some stuff that I've read in the Miami local newspapers this morning:

*Kendall Newson is looking great. He had 5 receptions in the afternoon practice, one of which he fell down on but still made the catch. He had an eye catching diving reception as well, that drew a loud ovation. It is said that he is looking very comfortable in the #3 receiver slot right now.

*Bobby Sippio looked good during his first day as a wide receiver. Dave acknowledged that Bobby has the talent to play in the league.

*The offensive line appears to be doing good as a run blocking unit, but they still have holes in the line when it comes to pass blocking.

*Tony Wise says John St. Clair is "locked in" at right tackle right now, but he doesn't want to move Vernon Carey to guard. Wise feels it would be a waste of his talent to play him at guard. Wannstedt, on the other hand, says Carey still has a chance to beat St. Clair out.

*Travis Minor is starting to distance himself from the other backs and entrench himself as the starting tailback for this team.

They loved Kendall Newson during practice last year too. Let's hope he's not one of those good practice/bad game players (Fiedler). Maybe the new rules for downfield contact will help him out.

Excellent news. Dare we hope? I'm getting more excited now. Hoping Minor can do it.

Newson is a developing player. He got one opportunity last year, and he didn't make the most of it. That doesn't mean he will fail to make the most of the one he will get this year.

rkdinorl said:
They loved Kendall Newson during practice last year too. Let's hope he's not one of those good practice/bad game players (Fiedler). Maybe the new rules for downfield contact will help him out.
I'm not sure I would call Fiedler a bad gameday player. Isn't he 36-17? He just has some glaring deficiencies. If anything, he probably plays over his talent level.

FlyingElvis said:
I'm not sure I would call Fiedler a bad gameday player. Isn't he 36-17? He just has some glaring deficiencies. If anything, he probably plays over his talent level.

That's it! I think we've officially come to the part that Bill Murray Outlined in Ghostbusters as the end of the world! "Dogs and Cats living together, Patriots Fans cheering up Dolphins Fans. It's mass chaos!!!"

lets face it ... the wr corps is thin and unless at least 2 recievers step up .. miami will be alot of hot water ... combine that with a young and inexperienced o-line ... this could get ugly fast ... lets hope this is a short retirement for ricky and miami is able recoup a draft pick or 2 for him ... god knows we just might need to draft a new offense next year!!! on the other hand i still remain optimistic .. due to miami being in this position before .. with a few key injuries .. or lack of supposed talent .. i can envision sammy morris, travis minor, and leonard henry combining for at least 1500 yards with thompson and newson combining for another 1200 - 1500 yards i feel good about the new coaching staff and think miami will suprise alot of people with a new diversified attack .. by spreading the passing game around and utilizing all of the backs like philly did last season ... but where i see the biggest difference will be with mcmicheal and lee becoming bigger parts of the offense as recievers .. like indy had with their TE's ....

The other night, Joe Schad said something to the effect of "Kendall Newson is extremely talented".

I think the key to tapping Newsons potential lies in the hands of Sullivan. He has a rep. as being the guru of WR coaches and if anyone can bring KN to the next level it could be him. Lets hope it is very soon.

Isn't this Newsome's third year? I think that's a common 'break out' year for receivers...

BALLS DEEP said:
That's it! I think we've officially come to the part that Bill Murray Outlined in Ghostbusters as the end of the world! "Dogs and Cats living together, Patriots Fans cheering up Dolphins Fans. It's mass chaos!!!"

:lol: :lol:

"Mass Hysteria" I think Dr. Venkman said!!

rkdinorl said:
You mean Thompson as well.....right?

Muck said:
The other night, Joe Schad said something to the effect of "Kendall Newson is extremely talented".

When I was at Mississippi State in 2000, Middle Tennessee State played at MSU on our homecoming. Kendall Newson was on that MTSU team. I remember Newson vividly from that season, because he is the only wide receiver MSU faced all season long that beat Fred Smoot for a TD. Smoot was the best cover corner in college football that season. It says a lot for Newson being the only receiver to beat him for a TD.

wow

KBISBACK said:
Newson is a developing player. He got one opportunity last year, and he didn't make the most of it. That doesn't mean he will fail to make the most of the one he will get this year.

Sometimes thats all it takes is one bad showing and your labeled as a guy that you cant go to in the clutch. Hope he can shed that!

Back
Top Bottom