Making the morning rounds: Camp Reports | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making the morning rounds: Camp Reports

xiidaen said:
Isn't this Newsome's third year? I think that's a common 'break out' year for receivers...
Yeah, thats true, but it usually pertains to WR's who have been playing a whole heck of a lot.

FlyingElvis said:
I'm not sure I would call Fiedler a bad gameday player. Isn't he 36-17? He just has some glaring deficiencies. If anything, he probably plays over his talent level.
WHen was Fiedler a good practice guy?

BringBackShula said:
WHen was Fiedler a good practice guy?
Where did I say he was a good practice guy?

I was simply commenting that he's won a lot of games. I have no idea how he plays in practice.

I've been hearing this kid Newsome's name for three years now. You know, some players are strictly lights out in practice. Miami's FO should NOT stand pat on the WR situation because this kid is doing well in drills and semi-contact. That's all I'm saying.

I dont think anyone can base anything on a few plays newson did or didnt make last year. He simply never played full time. it takes week after week to nail it down. newson has the talent, he just has to make the plays in the game. My opinion is this, he has the talent and he showed he could get wide open and has the speed. he dropped a few balls and he also made a spectacular catch against tennessee. If anyone thinks they know what will happen with this guy doesnt know what they are talking about. Knowone knows! He simply has to traslate it to success in games. My biggest worry is that he gets hurt ( i just knocked on wood). If you take this kid and have him go over the middle and make huge plays after the catch, suddenly he will become so much more open with the long ball. Our problem last year was that we were running lame pass patterns. I dont see that happening this year with the coaches we have and what they have been preaching.

I also think that Derrius Thompson can make a difference this year. I dont think he will be super like chambers but he will get open and make key first down plays, that is his role if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom