Mandich on WQAM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandich on WQAM

PhinDude88 said:
Do you think that our keys players like Thomas, Taylor, Chambers and Surtain would want out? Or less important players?

No because unlike Ricky, they like money. :D

I have NEVER EVER bashed on Wanny or the F.O. But you know what, I think one if not the only one piece of this puzzle is a motivating coach. Wanny, IMHO, just had all the corks blown out of the holes in his boat. Nice guy, heckova guy, but one-of-guys nonetheless. Not "the coach". I did say last year that if the Phins coach was BB from NE, all is a different story. Players need to be coached and inspired by their leader. Wanny does not have that ability. Great defensive mind, and I'm sure a cool dude, but not HC material. If this is all true what they're saying, it only proves what I'm saying to be true. Kind of like when you were a kid in school and you had a substitute teacher. Did any real learning take place or just a bunch of horse-a$$ing around. Seems thats what is happening here. And he is taking all this talent down in his sinking boat with him.
Why couldn't it have been DW abruptly retiring instead of RW. Just my ramblings.........

jtown777 said:
I have NEVER EVER bashed on Wanny or the F.O. But you know what, I think one if not the only one piece of this puzzle is a motivating coach. Wanny, IMHO, just had all the corks blown out of the holes in his boat. Nice guy, heckova guy, but one-of-guys nonetheless. Not "the coach". I did say last year that if the Phins coach was BB from NE, all is a different story. Players need to be coached and inspired by their leader. Wanny does not have that ability. Great defensive mind, and I'm sure a cool dude, but not HC material. If this is all true what they're saying, it only proves what I'm saying to be true. Kind of like when you were a kid in school and you had a substitute teacher. Did any real learning take place or just a bunch of horse-a$$ing around. Seems thats what is happening here. And he is taking all this talent down in his sinking boat with him.
Why couldn't it have been DW abruptly retiring instead of RW. Just my ramblings.........

i agree with your thoughts on wanny. however, i think ricky retires regardless of the coach. :shakeno:

4Dfins said:
I don't buy all of this offensive turmoil stuff (maybe I'm niave).

Being an offensive coordinator myself, I can buy that there is some turmoil going on. But anyone that thinks thats all the coaches fault needs to think a little deeper. Yes, we did just rehire a new OC, so there's going to be some learnig curve there while we learn his style...no doubt. Another part of that responsibility is that EVERYTHING that is presented to the team as a rule, etc had better be 100% already schemed out against anything they'd expect to see. The OC better be able to answer any question about any position on the offense.

We have a new QB in there taking half the reps, so instead of one guy getting the main looks, we have 2 splitting the looks. thats great for our #2 guy, but the starter is losing about 25% of what all the other starting QB's in the league are getting.
We also have a TE that was just arrested for supposedly hitting his pregnant wife after a night out getting drunk on the town.

We also have the cornerstone of our offense failing drug tests and walking out on us. Now he's hedging and leaving us in limbo. Is he coming back or not? Nobody really knows (Not even Ricky IMO).

Make no mistake, these things are distractions, and hurt the effort to learn a new system. It takes a huge amount of focus, energy, and cooperation to put in a new system, even at my level. I can't even imagine what the Pro's go through. Anything that takes away our players focus is another aspect as to why we may be struggling, in turmoil, etc.....

I think when its all said and done we'll like what our new OC brings to our offense. He's been around some good offensive people and the things he likes to do are the same things DOLFANS have been saying they want more of in Miami.

BTW - While some people like to asert that Wanny hired the new guy because he's a Yes man, I lean towards thinking that he wanted someone that would open it up the way he wants to (not the West coast) so that he can have the DW ground game mixed with more open passing game.
I think the fact the the OC is still learning the lingo lends strength to that line of thinking, especially based on the clips I've seen from camp. It's like watching Miami Run attack with Denny Green's Passing attack in Minnesota.

jtown777 said:

IMO the biggest mistake DW made this past season was not standing in front of Ricky with his Paxel and a glass of water every day and making him take his psycho pills.

DOLPHAN1 said:
i agree with your thoughts on wanny. however, i think ricky retires regardless of the coach. :shakeno:
I think we had a coach who didnt run Ricky every play and whom Ricky respected he may have not retired. If Ditka was our coach I think Ricky would be still be a dolphin.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Being an offensive coordinator myself, I can buy that there is some turmoil going on. But anyone that thinks thats all the coaches fault needs to think a little deeper. Yes, we did just rehire a new OC, so there's going to be some learnig curve there while we learn his style...no doubt. Another part of that responsibility is that EVERYTHING that is presented to the team as a rule, etc had better be 100% already schemed out against anything they'd expect to see. The OC better be able to answer any question about any position on the offense.

We have a new QB in there taking half the reps, so instead of one guy getting the main looks, we have 2 splitting the looks. thats great for our #2 guy, but the starter is losing about 25% of what all the other starting QB's in the league are getting.
We also have a TE that was just arrested for supposedly hitting his pregnant wife after a night out getting drunk on the town.

We also have the cornerstone of our offense failing drug tests and walking out on us. Now he's hedging and leaving us in limbo. Is he coming back or not? Nobody really knows (Not even Ricky IMO).

Make no mistake, these things are distractions, and hurt the effort to learn a new system. It takes a huge amount of focus, energy, and cooperation to put in a new system, even at my level. I can't even imagine what the Pro's go through. Anything that takes away our players focus is another aspect as to why we may be struggling, in turmoil, etc.....

I think when its all said and done we'll like what our new OC brings to our offense. He's been around some good offensive people and the things he likes to do are the same things DOLFANS have been saying they want more of in Miami.

BTW - While some people like to asert that Wanny hired the new guy because he's a Yes man, I lean towards thinking that he wanted someone that would open it up the way he wants to (not the West coast) so that he can have the DW ground game mixed with more open passing game.
I think the fact the the OC is still learning the lingo lends strength to that line of thinking, especially based on the clips I've seen from camp. It's like watching Miami Run attack with Denny Green's Passing attack in Minnesota.
Wow........I feel so much better about the whole situation..........not!

Optimism is a wonderful thing, I've entered nearly every single Dolphin season with it, but blind optimism is another matter.

Lets review a few facts: (Don't worry, I won't even mention most of the wierdness of this off-season)

Ricky is gone, we have average backs behind him, remind me again of all the 1000 yard rushers the Dolphins boasted in the eighties and nineties?

We're on our second OC change, and he like his predecessor has never called plays for an offense in college or the Pros, according to multiple sources many players are voicing a lack of faith in Foerster.

Many players have already privately voiced their dislike for Wannys conservatism and lack of faith in letting the players go out and play.

We're a little more than a month away from the season starting and our upgrade to Jay is very much in question, Jay has already proven he's not a championship quarterback, if he's the best we got...............well, bring on the fat lady!

So excuse those of us that can't quite wash all this away in the name of optimism.....this team is in serious trouble, and if the smoke coming from Davie really is player doubt of Wanny and his system and not Ricky smoking a fat one......this season is over before it started!

BlueFin said:
Wow........I feel so much better about the whole situation..........not!

Optimism is a wonderful thing, I've entered nearly every single Dolphin season with it, but blind optimism is another matter.

Lets review a few facts: (Don't worry, I won't even mention most of the wierdness of this off-season)

Ricky is gone, we have average backs behind him, remind me again of all the 1000 yard rushers the Dolphins boasted in the eighties and nineties?

We're on our second OC change, and he like his predecessor has never called plays for an offense in college or the Pros, according to multiple sources many players are voicing a lack of faith in Foerster.

Many players have already privately voiced their dislike for Wannys conservatism and lack of faith in letting the players go out and play.

We're a little more than a month away from the season starting and our upgrade to Jay is very much in question, Jay has already proven he's not a championship quarterback, if he's the best we got...............well, bring on the fat lady!

So excuse those of us that can't quite wash all this away in the name of optimism.....this team is in serious trouble, and if the smoke coming from Davie really is player doubt of Wanny and his system and not Ricky smoking a fat one......this season is over before it started!

Well if it's that bad, why do they just forfeit the season and get the 1st pick in the 2005 draft? Go for 0 !

Back
Top Bottom