Mando: Dolphins vs. Chargers Pits #1 Choice vs. #2 Choice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: Dolphins vs. Chargers Pits #1 Choice vs. #2 Choice

Doesn't have to do somewhat with McCoy? McCoy tailored an offense around Tim Tebow and got the team to the playoffs. He transitioned the following year working with Manning. Now, Rivers has rebounded with McCoy's system. Mike McCoy can coach up QB's. He should have been the choice here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending our coaching staff, I just believe that the Chargers staff has a lot more talent to work with on offense.

Joe is not doing nearly enough and not developing his young players.

It is obvious that McCoy and his staff is able to develop talent more than Philbin's staff.

they draft better maybe but manti teo isn't anything special...but mccoys chargers are going nowhere yet again...keenan allen is a nice player i had him on my miami targets scoops thread for pick #12...of course he lasted til the 3rd round i think and we never jumped at it...

he'll be making us pay for it come sunday

It is obvious that McCoy and his staff is able to develop talent more than Philbin's staff.

How so? Both 4-5...McCoy has an established veteran qb. I am not sticking up for Philbin, as I am disgusted with what he has let transpire, I am just curious as to why you think that.

Looking back , I would prefer neither.

I don't think this game has anything to do with who is better, Philbin kicked the snot out fisher last year. What does that mean?

Look at the body of work at the end of the season, then you can compare.

I look at the stability of the team and both Fisher and McCoy are destroying Joe in that regard.

I like the OC Whisehunt better and think he would be a great candidate for HC.... I see him doing better in his second shot at HC than first....he is a guy who ran the steelers offence when Big Ben was drafted producing some of Ben's best years, is 4-2 in the playoffs as HC of the Cardinals, taking them to one Super Bowl and he played in the NFL.....the next team that hires him will be successful. I hope its us....

I'm just going to copy and paste what I said before:

Trust me, if he was the dolphins coach and was 4-5 with losses to the Texans, Division foe Raiders (equivalent of the bills), Redskins, Division rival Broncos (equivalent of the Pats) and the Titans you would want him fired.

not to mention the way he lost to the redskins (3 straight passes at the 1 yard line). Oh man, he'd have 100 threads from you on how he should be fired.

I can't blame Philbin for everything wrong with the Fins, but in the end, no matter the players he gets from Ireland, he and the coordinators still have to make it work.
No NFL team is perfect, every team has holes, but coaches need to gameplan around it to cover weaknesses and use players' natural strengths. I see no such gameplans when I watch Dolphins games. They look confused, flat, run busted plays on O, the D can't adjust to the opponents adjustments, our D players are in poor coverage areas, or out of position to make tackles way too many times. The wrong personnel are out on the field in crucial downs. There's just Zero sign of elite game management. Philbin's stand-offish approach on sundays leaves much to be desired. We've hardly used anyone from our draft this year effectively. I like the guy otherwise, but if this is how he always runs his team, I don't see us goign far in the playoffs.

I look at the stability of the team and both Fisher and McCoy are destroying Joe in that regard.

Do not under estimate the FACT that McCoy had not worked with Manning when interviewed for job with us I'm sure Manning taught him quite a bit OR the Fact that he has Wisenhunt as his OC if hired he would not have been the OC since he was the head coach of the Cardinals at that time. I'm not saying that Philbin has completely won me over but you can't say he is that much better.

Fair enough. Joe got the win over McCoy. I still think McCoy will be a better coach...with that said, I am fired up right now hours later. Great win.

Back
Top Bottom