Manny for Abreu | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manny for Abreu

From rotoworld.com:

"A swap of Manny Ramirez and Bobby Abreu is considered unlikely, as the Phillies would prefer to add pitching if they move their All-Star outfielder.
Financial reasons also certainly have something to do with it. According to the Inquirer, the Phillies might actually be more interested in a package of Matt Clement and Trot Nixon for Abreu. That's something the Red Sox also might be willing to think about, though only if they ship Ramirez off without taking a lot of salary in return."

If this is true I'll drive to Boston and pack up Nixon and Clement's stuff and drive them to Philly myself. In my opinion the Red Sox should try to do that no matter what happens with Manny. Both Nixon and Clement stink.

Ray Finkle said:
Why are they losers Mike? Because they like Manny and want him on their team next year?

And you have the nerve to say that I sweat the Yankees by posting about them? You haven't quit talking and posting about the Red Sox since the season ended.

SECOND CITY MENTALITY!!

You aren't allowed to talk about another Major League Baseball team outside of your favorite.

Ray Finkle said:
"A swap of Manny Ramirez and Bobby Abreu is considered unlikely, as the Phillies would prefer to add pitching if they move their All-Star outfielder.
Financial reasons also certainly have something to do with it. According to the Inquirer, the Phillies might actually be more interested in a package of Matt Clement and Trot Nixon for Abreu.

That would be an absolutely BEAUTIFUL trade. I'm a little higher on Trot than you are, but Clement absolutely sucks. I'd pay his whole damn salary to get that loser out of Boston.

Get Abreu from the Phillies for Nixon and Clement, and then IF Manny has to be traded turn to LAA and ship him out west for a package that includes Ervin Santana. Man, that team would have an amazing amount of talent.. and alot of it would be YOUNG.

Philly couldn't possibily be that stupid... Well then again, they just signed Tom Gordon.

The Angels would just jump on that trade and offer more for Abreu than you guys are willing to...

Trot Nixon and Matt Clement? We can beat that...

Ray Finkle said:
Why are they losers Mike? Because they like Manny and want him on their team next year?

They are losers because people are putting in this time and effort and money out of their own pocket to start a site that has no purpose. They are entitled to do it, and I am entitled to call them a MORON! You think the Red Sox front office will see that site and say..........."WELL THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING"!

F' no!!!!!! It serves no purpose. This site here and "fan sites" are just that. Fan sites for fans to get together and chat about their team. A site like that has an agenda its trying to push. They have an unrealistic goal they are trying to achieve through a dopey website.

Also, I am ONLY talking about the Mets and Sox because they are the ONLY ones making moves at this point with Beckett/Lowell and Delgado, the Marlins meltdown andstuff. ONCE the Yanks and other teams get involved I will talk about them.

MikeO said:
They are losers because people are putting in this time and effort and money out of their own pocket to start a site that has no purpose.

Well you obviously went to the site so what does that say about you?

(Hopefully you signed on to keep him ;) )

Ray Finkle said:
Well you obviously went to the site so what does that say about you?

(Hopefully you signed on to keep him ;) )

I saw the link and went there once, shoot me :shakeno:

According to Hall of Famer Peter Gammons (so take it with a grain of salt) that rumors of Abreu for Nixon and Clement are more serious than thought and that the Sox F.O. wants Abreu badly. He also said that Phillies like Clement because of his good ground ball to fly ball ratio in that band box that play at in Philly.

He also stated that the Red Sox have asked the Reds for the medical records for Adam Dunn. Hmmmm......

I for one would love to get Abreu to play RF and Dunn at 1st. Man what a line up, especially if the Sox end up keeping Manny somehow.

A line up of Abreu, Ortiz, Manny, and Dunn would be a very very scary. Although I admit is probably just a dream.

Ray Finkle said:
According to Hall of Famer Peter Gammons (so take it with a grain of salt) that rumors of Abreu for Nixon and Clement are more serious than thought and that the Sox F.O. wants Abreu badly. He also said that Phillies like Clement because of his good ground ball to fly ball ratio in that band box that play at in Philly.

He also stated that the Red Sox have asked the Reds for the medical records for Adam Dunn. Hmmmm......

I for one would love to get Abreu to play RF and Dunn at 1st. Man what a line up, especially if the Sox end up keeping Manny somehow.

A line up of Abreu, Ortiz, Manny, and Dunn would be a very very scary. Although I admit is probably just a dream.

Yes it's a dream and remember Manny wants to go and not to a town like Philly. Flat out he wants to be an Angel but there is a way this can work and it will be MAGICAL...

Angels send

- Juan Rivera
- Erick Aybar
- Steven Shell
- Darin Erstad
- Kendry Morales

Red Sox send

- Manny at full value
- Matt Clement
- Nixon
- Youkilis
- Shoppach

Diamondbacks send

- Javier Vazquez

Phillies send

- Bobby Abreu

Angels receive

- Manny at full contract

Boston receives

- Bobby Abreu
- Juan Rivera
- Erick Aybar
- Kendry Morales
- Darin Erstad

Arizona receives

- Matt Clement
- Kevin Youkilis
- Steven Shell

Philly receives

- Javier Vazquez
- Trot Nixon
- Kelly Shoppach

And they all go home happy...

And that trade idea seems to be satisfying most posters on all four boards...

from the Redsox pov, i am sorta happy about that. But i don't know i really like nixon, i like the scrappy type of player he is.

from the diamondbacks i liek it to because they receive a couple of young guys for a SP that doesnt want to be there

i don't see it from the phillies though, they are losing one of their best players and i dont really liek what they are getting in return, to fit their team really.

Angels are sacrificing their future but if they get this, i think they should be the front runner for World Series. Vlad and manny together is unstoppable, if they could just get the same season out of Colon and pickup 1 more SP they should be solid

Back
Top Bottom