Marino2Clayton's Playoff Predictions.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino2Clayton's Playoff Predictions....

Marino2Clayton

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.
Reaction score
WILD CARD WEEKEND

Green Bay over Minnesota
Does either team has a defense? No, which keeps both Minnesota and Green Bay from having any real shot at the Super Bowl. I'm going with the Packers as there are too many intangibles going in Green Bay's favor (home field, Pack 2-0 versus Minny during the season, Minny's lost 7 of 10, the Randy Moss distraction).

Seattle over St Louis
Does either team deserve to be in the playoffs? Not if this had been a typical season in the weak, weak, weak NFC. Both of these teams are too soft and too inconsistant to be real Super Bowl contender. The Ram's won both games between the two earlier this season including a 17 point come from behind miracle win. However, this game is being played in Seattle, St. Louis can not stop the run, and the Ram's love to turn the ball over. So I'm going with the Seahawks. I believe that St. Louis' best chance to win is to pound the 'Hawks with Steven Jackson and Marshall Faulk, but I just don't think Mike Martz is willing to do that.

San Deigo over New York
Indianapolis over Denver
Both of these games feature two elite Super Bowl calibur teams versus inferrior opponents. The Jets had a tremendous season but they are running into a buzzsaw in San Deigo. The Chargers a complete team with a tremendous defense, spectacular special teams, and the second best offense in the NFL. We all remember what Indianapolis did to Denver last year in the opening round of the playoffs, and there is no reason to think any differently this year. I'm going with San Deigo and Indy in two convensing blow-out victories. Heck, I'll eve go as far as to predict Indy matching last years 41-10 score.​

DIVISIONAL ROUND

Atlanta over Green Bay
This will be a revenge game for Brett Favre and the Packers who lost to the Falcon two years ago at home in the playoffs. I just think that Atlanta's defense and running game will be too much for Favre to overcome. Green Bay is terrible on carpet (field turf), and I think Michael Vick will do just enough to win, just as he has done all season. This should be a great game matching a great offensive team versus a great defense. I'll go with the defense in this one.

Philadelphia over Seattle
No TO, no problem. Jim Johnson's defense will be too much for Mike Holmgrens' offense. Philly will shut down Alexander and force mistakes from Matt Hasselbeck. Brian Westbrook will have a huge day comming out of the backfield, and once again the Eagles will be back playing for yet another NFC Championship at home.

San Deigo over Pittsburgh
Heins Field will be filled with the excitement of old Three Rivers. It will be a battle of Pittsburgh's grind it out offense vs multi dimensional San Deigo. Bill Cowher's 3-4 versus Wade Phillips' 3-4. The NFL's rookie of the year, Ben Rothlisberger, versus, the NFL's comeback player of the year, Drew Brees. It's hard to go against a team that has won 14 games in a row, plays great defense, is somewhat multi-demensional on offense, and is playing at home. But I'm going with San Deigo. I don't think Pittsburgh will be able to pound the ball on San Deigo's tremendous run defense. Jamal Williams, the best nose tackle in pro football, will control the line of scrimmage leaving Edwards, Foley, and Godfrey to run around and make plays. This will put the game on Big Ben's shoulders. I just don't see a rookie quarterback (even as one as talented as Rothlisberger) carrying the load sucessfuly in the playoffs.

Indianapolis over New England
All signs have been pointing to a remach of last year's AFC Championship game since this years opening night thriller. A chestmatch between two of the games' best, Bill Belicheck and Peyton Manning. The one sore spot for the Colt's is there defense, but I love the way that Dwight Freeney and Co. cause turnovers and make big plays. The Patriots will try to establish Corey Dillon in order to eat up both yards and the clock. While Indy will try to take advantage of New England's secondary, that is missing Ty Law and has been using two-way players in order to patch the holes. The winner of this game will be the team that performs the best in the redzone. In another upset, I'm going with Peyton ond the Colts.​

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Philadelphia over Atlanta
Yet another Conference Championship game at home for the Eagles. Will it be another letdown from McNabb's Eagles, or will they finally break through and reach the Super Bowl? Thus will be a battle of two great defensive teams. I believe that this game will be a low scoring defensive stalemate that will come down to whomever protects the ball the best. As great as Vick is, I think that his inability to throw the football and nack for turning the ball over will be the difference. McNabb is the more complete and experienced quarterback and his play along with Brian Westbrook's will be enough to finally send the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

Indianapolis over San Deigo
A rematch of week 16's overtime thriller in which the Colt's won 34-31. The two best offenses in the NFL should provide a very exciting AFC championship game. Two coaches (Tony Dungy and Marty Schottenhimer) and one player (Peyton Manning) are haunted by not being able to win big games. If San Deigo's defense has one weak point its their secondary, and thats not a good weakness to have against Peyton and Co. One thing that gets overlooked when people talk about the Colts is the play of their offensive line, perhapse the best in football. I just think that Peyton's magical season will not end here.​

SUPER BOWL XXXIX

Indianapolis over Philadelphia
There is nothing more than I would like to see in the whole world than for Philadelphia win the Super Bowl without Terrell Owens' big mouth. I guess I'm just more from the old school, and think that winning with class is important. Class, by the way, is what epitimizes Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy. It will be fun to watch Jim Johnson, Tom Moore, and Peyton Manning battle each other for a World Championship. I don't look for Peyton to fill the air with footballs. Instead it will be a diverse attack that will feature a huge dose of Edgerrin James and the running game. The Colts just have too many weapons: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley, Marcus Pollard, Dallas Clark, and James. While the Eagles whole offensive attack will be based around only one man, Brian Westbrook. Philadelphia's porous offensive line will alow Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis to make life miserable for Donavan McNabb. The AFC will show its dominance as the Colts blow out the Eagles in Jacksonville by two touchdowns. No one will ever again be able to question Peyton and Tony Dungy about winning the big one.​

Back
Top Bottom