Markus Wheaton as Our Slot Guy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Markus Wheaton as Our Slot Guy?

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
One guy who I haven't heard anyone mention since we got Mike Wallace is Markus Wheaton. This is a guy who is a nasty burner so I think most people figured now that we have Wallace we dont have a need for him. Maybe not as an outside guy, but we can sure as hell use this guy in the slot for us. He is a great route runner, but yes will still need a bit more work to be GREAT in the slot. His speed speaks for itself. He knows how to play vs press coverage. Id love to grab this guy with our 2B pick. He could be our version of Victor Cruz. Him and Wallace on the field together is an awesome combo. IF we are looking to replace Bess I want this guy. I know a lot of people want Swope, but Id take Wheaton over Swope any day.

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_G2PWoTMw

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a forgotten man among most. But I couldn't agree more. He's got a poor man's Desean Jackson skill set. He isn't just fast, he is quick and explosive. He's not a long strider or anything like that. He is definitely a better player than Swope IMO and would be a great fit in the slot. The only thing that would worry me about him is his YAC ability...although he is pretty elusive

for miami's o swope is a much better slot fit...you want guys that id coverage well and can operate in tight spaces and separate when crossing a defenders face in short areas and that sits down well...swope is perfect for it...

wheaton as a true slot is more a projection than anything else...his game is more closely suited to what we have mike wallace for already...the vertical get off the los and into your vertical routes guy and work off of them accordingly...but he does run some sound looking routes...

yeah I'd personally like swope or If somehow Keenan allen falls to our 2b pick

You know who has been forgotten? Robert Woods.

I'd say execute that trade with the Whiners #12 for Their 1st, 4th, & 5th... then get Woods @ #31.

love robert woods...but he's a perfect fit for hartlines role not the slot...hell i'd take him over hartline right now...but it is what it is i guess...$30 mil over 5 years is what it is...

Back
Top Bottom