Marvez and Cole both aggree that NT/DT is a pressing need... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvez and Cole both aggree that NT/DT is a pressing need...

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
While many on this board has debated the urgency of drafting a NT/DT, two of Miami's most read beat writers have stated that NT/DT is a pressing need. I have to believe their contact with the team has lead them to stating such.

Those two idiots are just stating the obvious.

"Contacts with the team", laugh now thats comedy.

Mr Fan said:
Those two idiots are just stating the obvious.

"Contacts with the team", laugh now thats comedy.

It's not obvious to some. Especially those who are whining about the RW suspension and how the Phins just have to draft a RB with the 1st pick.
I personally feel it is a big need, even more so than CB. In fact, I don't see CB as a need at all. We need an impact safety and youth/speed in the front 7.

jlfin said:
It's not obvious to some. Especially those who are whining about the RW suspension and how the Phins just have to draft a RB with the 1st pick.
I personally feel it is a big need, even more so than CB. In fact, I don't see CB as a need at all. We need an impact safety and youth/speed in the front 7.

Roth, Wright, Vickerson....give them 2-3 years to groom. now if Haloti Ngata is still available at 16, THEN u can take him. otherwise go for Lawson.

MustangFinFan said:
Roth, Wright, Vickerson....give them 2-3 years to groom. now if Haloti Ngata is still available at 16, THEN u can take him. otherwise go for Lawson.

I doubt Wright has the toughness to play NT, Vickerson and Roth are DEnds.

I like Wright as a rotational DT, but not a NT

Manny Lawson will be a bust. Lets hope Dolphins stay away

showa said:
Manny Lawson will be a bust. Lets hope Dolphins stay away

Why do you think he'll be a bust? Too fast? Too athletic? Too tall?

Lee2000 said:
While many on this board has debated the urgency of drafting a NT/DT, two of Miami's most read beat writers have stated that NT/DT is a pressing need. I have to believe their contact with the team has lead them to stating such.

Unfortunately, other than Bunkley and Ngata, there are not any DT/NT that are worth a first round pick. So we have to hope that someone like Wroten is there in the 3rd.

I also think NT/DT is our most pressing right now.
We have Traylor and Zgonina that played that spot last year. Although both did play well last year, their best years are behind them and we can't rely on them playing past this year.

It has been stated before Wright isn't gonna play NT especially for running downs. Vickerson doesn't have the size either at this point and I doubt we bank our future on him till he at least takes an NFL snap.

We will get a large man to play on the D-Line this draft. Addressing it in the first round is ok by me. Hopefully we can trade down and still grab a quality NT.

Back
Top Bottom