Marvez: Making tackles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvez: Making tackles

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Alex Marvez spent some time in the classroom.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolphin27jun27,0,2004458.story

clear.gif

Football is hard work, that's why rookies look so bad, it's the thinking instead of reacting that makes players look bad, most who get a look are generally pretty good, or they won't be on a NFL roster period. But those who can't catch on fast, even if they have more talent won't be on the team when cuts hits.

That was a very interesting article. As a kid, I played organized soccer and basketball, but never organized football. I had no idea LBr's needed to know so much.

Steve

Very interesting

and excellent read. I also had no idea it was so complex.

Thanks ZOD.

nj

njfinfan said:
and excellent read. I also had no idea it was so complex.

Thanks ZOD.

nj

Well if that's the case.....

I coach 10 and 11 year olds. I run into various websites while reading youth football articles. Here is a good one to get ya started.

http://multiple7manfront.com.hosting.domaindirect.com/QA.htm

BTW...With my knowledge, I don't dare attempt to teach that age group these 43 alignments in a month and a half. It's practically impossible to find the skill for the various positions anyway. ;)

In youth football an eight man front reigns supreme! We run the gap-air-mirror which is just about as basic as defense can get. The kids still have difficulty grasping their various assignments.

For example, a 5 Taco isn't an offensive lineman's lunch order but an identifying phrase for a five-receiver set.

Can you imagine being out on the field and hearing Zach and Seau scream "TACO!! TACO!!" prior to the snap?? :rofl:

I also thought this was noteworthy......

Greenwood, whom Ayanbadejo describes as doing "everything textbook," already was studying for an upcoming game while Sanders was coaching Givan.

Just felt like giving it up for the guy, since he takes so much heat from fans. Greenwood's about as disciplined as it gets. He doesn't take false steps. He doesn't freelance. He's quick and he does his job well.

Muck said:
Just felt like giving it up for the guy, since he takes so much heat from fans. Greenwood's about as disciplined as it gets. He doesn't take false steps. He doesn't freelance. He's quick and he does his job well.

Muck, we play Madden, we know it all. Bah.

:goof:

It was an interesting read, but i already knew alot of tht from playing HS/Pop Warner. With the quote about Morlon, i really like him as a LB and think hes a solid starter.Not flashy but doesnt make to many mistakes(alot like Zach but not to the same degree).

ZOD said:
Well if that's the case.....

I coach 10 and 11 year olds. I run into various websites while reading youth football articles. Here is a good one to get ya started.

http://multiple7manfront.com.hosting.domaindirect.com/QA.htm

BTW...With my knowledge, I don't dare attempt to teach that age group these 43 alignments in a month and a half. It's practically impossible to find the skill for the various positions anyway. ;)

In youth football an eight man front reigns supreme! We run the gap-air-mirror which is just about as basic as defense can get. The kids still have difficulty grasping their various assignments.

Thanks for the link! I'll have to check it out!

Steve

Muck said:
He's a good player on a great defense (sorta on both accounts). He's prone to looking bad.

Back
Top Bottom