Master Plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Master Plan

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1. Trade Ricky's rights to Oakland for a 2005 1st rounder plus a conditional 2nd in 2006 if Ricky plays.

2. Trade Fiedler to the Cowboys (who are desperate for QB help) today for a 2005 3rd round pick. Parcells likes Fiedler and Jay can move the chains for Bill while Henson learns the ropes. (This is highly unlikely given Dave's attachment to Jay).

3. Sign Chad Hutchinson to be our 3rd string QB and promote Sage to the #2 spot. All reports out of camp are that Sage is playing terrifically and could challenge for the starting job if given the opportunity.

4. Sign Pete Kendall as insurance for Seth McKinney and Greg Jerman at Center and RG respectively. The guy is a former pro bowler and we could use some veteran leadership.

5. Extend Chris Chamber's contract. Use the extra Ricky money to lock him up long term. This frees us up to use the franchise tag as a bargaining chip against Ogunleye.

6. With the added leverage of the franchise tag combined with the prospect of losing all that money this year (playing at 425k this year), Ogun should sign the compromise deal before the start of the season.

That's the way I'd start. I know trading away Fiedler could backfire on us if Feely or Rosenfels doesn't develop (we know what we have in Jay - a decent QB who can at least run the offense), but the risk of letting Sage get in there and compete is worth it and we'd recoup some of what we're missing in the form of draft picks.

1. Oakland would be stupid to give us that much for Ricky.

2. I'm pretty sure Parcells like Vinny A LOT more than he likes Fiedler. Plus Fiedler isn't worth a 3rd rounder to most teams. We're better off keeping him.

Well they have extended Chambers contract. So they are well on their way to following your plan.

I wouldn't trade Fiedler at this point. We can't risk going into the season without one veteran QB on the roster, especially since Ricky retired. I would like to see Feely start, but I am not sure if Sage would be ready to lead this team in case of injury. Second of all, Parcells has worked with Vinny before, and it's not a real surpirse to me that one way or another he is going to be the starter. It would be stupid for the Cowboys to trade for another veteran, although they would be better off with antoehr experienced QB behind Vinny.

Why can't we find that diamond in the rough at QB like a lot of teams do - like the Rams did with Kurt Warner and Bulger, the Pats with Brady, Seattle with Hasselback, etc.....

I think signing Ogun should be the top priority now that Chambers has an extension. Kendall would provide a nice insurance policy.

I would much rather have Fiedler than anyone avaliable today. Oakland would never give us that much for a 27year old RB. Chambers ;).

JimmyJ said:
Why can't we find that diamond in the rough at QB like a lot of teams do - like the Rams did with Kurt Warner and Bulger, the Pats with Brady, Seattle with Hasselback, etc.....
How do you we haven't ?

dead on post. ive thought of all those things including the hutch /fiedler thing. id ask for fargas from oakland also.

Back
Top Bottom