Matt Birk at OG? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Birk at OG?

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know everyone has their hearts set on signing Nicks from the Saints, but this guy will 100% want a MAX contract. I give you a cheaper alternative.

Matt Birk.

Matt Birk and Philbin have a very long histroy together dating back to thier time at Harvard. I know Birk has played center his entire career, but he could easily move to RG for us. He is know to be one of the smarest players in the NFL and would be a very nice addition to the OL. He is also one of the most durable players over the last 6 years having STARTED EVERY SINGLE game. His age is the only problem at 35, but that could allow us to continue to develop Jerry and a draft pick this year for 1 year or max 2.

I guess you didn't see Birk at the AFC Championship getting thrown around like a rag doll by Fatboy Wilfork all day??? NO THANKS! Especially since he'll see Vince twice a year!!

No. What about Packers Center FA Scott Wells? 31 years old and very strong in the pivot.

I love Pouncey and supported the pick. Could Pouncey bounce to LG and move Incognito to RG? Jerry, Murtha and a draft pick for RT?

Probably not, but just throwing something different out there.

How about sign demetrius bell and move him to right tackle.let them battle it out at right guard.Bell went to my college Northwestern State University,so ill be all for it.lol I'm happy he and terrance mgee are still in the league! Gooooooo Demons!!!

bring him in to coach to o line

No. What about Packers Center FA Scott Wells? 31 years old and very strong in the pivot.

I love Pouncey and supported the pick. Could Pouncey bounce to LG and move Incognito to RG? Jerry, Murtha and a draft pick for RT?

Probably not, but just throwing something different out there.

Don't be needlessly humble, HAYDEN. That's a REALLY good idea. I guess that means that it won't happen! After all, having JERRY and MURTHA as possible RTs, as well as GARNER (who actually made the team as a back-up RT to CAREY) and CAREY himself (say what you want about CAREY, he's a serviceable, veteran RT), you'd figure that MIAMI would be happy w/its RT possibilities. After all, ALL of them are HUGE upgrades over COLUMBO, and each has played at least one other OL position.

Well, as a result, MIAMI will draft a T at #8 or 9, instead of trading up...to #4, NOT for LUCK or RGIII, but for BLACKMON. I mean, given that (1) ROSS is willing to spend some $$$ this time; and (2) FLYNN's a F/A and PHILBIN knows all about him; and (3) given that MIAMI's OL becomes VERY solid w/1, or at most 2 more, solid interior OLmen; and (4) given that MIAMI's WR corps would become absolutely scary w/the addition of a BLACKMON, it would make sense bigtime. Therefore, it can't possibly happen.

Back
Top Bottom