Matt Ryan- Numbers speak for themselves!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Ryan- Numbers speak for themselves!!

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
For those of you who want Matt Ryan, with all do respect, ARE YOU GUYS NUTS?! He's a turnover machine.. Ya ya, he has the "prototypical NFL QB size" but that doesnt mean anything when you throw INTs consistently..

His best game of the season was against Bowling Green where he threw 4 TDs and 0 Ints... Very good numbers, but then again the supposedly #1 pickk in the NFL should be putting up those numbers against garbage, smaller schools...
In fact, in ONLY 2 games, he has thrown 0 INTs and those two games were against small, garbage schools- Bowling Green and University of Mass., a 1-AA school.
In 12 of his 14 games, he has thrown ATLEAST 1 INT. In half of his games (7), he has thrown ATLEAST 2 INTs.
A good threshold of where I believe a QB should have his completion percentage at or above is 60% and in 6 games, his completion percentage has dipped below that 60% threshold. Furthermore, in 4 games, his completion percentage has dropped BELOW 50% against FSU, VT, NCST, and in his BOWL GAME, against MSU.

I know, I know you Matt Ryan fans will argue that numbers aren't everything and I agree... to an EXTENT..but his numbers are not only mediocre, but actually pretty bad... Take out his games against BG and UMASS, and hes an average QB...He throws waaayyy too many INTs...He threw 14 INTs in his last 8 games... Yikes, you cant have that in the NFL during the final stretch of the season...This guy is NFL size, and thats about it

Actually this works against us because this clown will not be a Dolphin so better numbers would make our pick more valuable for those fools who wish to burn a # 1 overall on the Ryan Leaf.

Im amazed. Dont you guys ever question your take on Ryan? I mean really. If I was convinced someone sucked but every professional talent evaluator said he was good I might just step back a bit and wonder if I scouted him right?

Right and that's why every gm says he's the best QB in the country.

No he's the best NFL prospect that doesn't gaurantee he will be successful in the NFL. He may well end up being a good pro. The windows to complete passes in the NFL are alot smaller than they are in college. I know he didn't he the most talented bunch of receivers but it isn't going to be any easier in the NFL and in fact much harder. He has all the tools for sure. With Ryan he's more if a wait and see prospect far from a can't miss prospect.

throw the numbers out they don't mean much. he had to take chances in order to win. BC was an average team that he carried to 11 wins. his leading reciever was his running back, his recieving corps stunk

No he's the best NFL prospect that doesn't gaurantee he will be successful in the NFL. He may well end up being a good pro. The windows to complete passes in the NFL are alot smaller than they are in college. I know he didn't he the most talented bunch of receivers but it isn't going to be any easier in the NFL and in fact much harder. He has all the tools for sure. With Ryan he's more if a wait and see prospect far from a can't miss prospect.

Agreed. Thanks for a good post. I actually think he'll be one of the few QBs who may find it easier in the NFL, LOL. His receivers never had seperation. In the NFL, as weird as it sounds he'll have more room to complete his passes than in college although the speed will be alot quicker to do it. I think the speed is what he'll have to get used to more than the windows

lets draft a Texas Tech QB, they always have great stats!!!!!

While there are some GOOD QB's coming out this year, i really don't see a guy with the potential of being a great one. Quite honestly i'd rather hold out on drafting a QB until later in the draft rather than investing a number one overall pick in one, especially since we used a high second rounder on a guy who played three games.

Right and that's why every gm says he's the best QB in the country

Really and u know this how? Bc some draft mocks have us takin him with the number 1 pick.. HUGE REACH..if u cant stick it in college level, chances are u wont make it in the NFL.. unless your tom brady or Kurt Warner to name a very FEW

Really and u know this how? Bc some draft mocks have us takin him with the number 1 pick.. HUGE REACH..if u cant stick it in college level, chances are u wont make it in the NFL.. unless your tom brady or Kurt Warner to name a very FEW

Becasue GMs have come out in print and said it. Casserly, Heckert, etc. Ryan has stuck it in college whatever that means. The pros know it, the amateurs look at stats

john beck played in the spread offense which may have over inflated his stats

Sad to say but John Beck's numbers in college were much better. Beck had a much better YPA average, however both Qb's had about the same amount of starts. Very successful Qb's taken in the first 2 rounds of the draft usually start all four years. Beck will be given every opportunity to start next year.

John Beck: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/103736

Matt Ryan: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/101947

But he played at BYU as opposed to playing at BC. Not that great QB's cant come from small conference schools, but Ryan did have to face teams like Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida State some of the traditionally better programs with traditionally better defenses being in the ACC.

i no that Rian is gud, beecuz hee played inn a pro-stile offents and hee is smart and a leeder

Back
Top Bottom