Maurice Clarett? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maurice Clarett?

taylorj99

Starter
Reaction score
Anyone know when he becomes eligible to play in the NFL? I know he wasn't eligible for the draft because of the 3 years removed from high school thing, but the new school year is about to start. Does that qualify him three years removed? If he is eligible, he'd definitely be a cheaper option for competition with Minor, Henry, and Russell. Thoughts?

He will be eligible for the NFL next year and he will be a second-day pick, if that. From what I read, the teams that took a look at him were completely turned off by his poor conditioning, bad attitude, and personal baggage. Taking his cue from LeBron James will cost him millions.l

Clarrett is a joke and not that good. He's slow as snot. He was running behind a monster line at OSU and with the seniors leaving, he wanted to leave as well because he knew that without the O-line, he was not going to see anything above the sixth round. Not to mention he's another head case, and thats already old!

it's people like taylorj99 that will get this sorry, pathetic soul of a man his shot. He doesn't deserve it and is highly overated. All he'll do is piss it away anyhow. Behavior modification is one of the most difficult things to do in life.

Gary Miles said:
Clarrett is a joke and not that good. He's slow as snot. He was running behind a monster line at OSU and with the seniors leaving, he wanted to leave as well because he knew that without the O-line, he was not going to see anything above the sixth round. Not to mention he's another head case, and thats already old!
I can't agree with your slow statment. When he was in highschool it was said that he was the fastest area runningback at a high 4.3. Now I know highschool times are pretty iffy but just being in that area shows that he has some wheels. I saw a few of him games at Warren Harding and let me tell you, if he gets his head on straight, he is something special.

I don't want to seem like im defending him though. He has messed up his life big time so far. Musta been talking to Jim Brown too much. If he gets a serious attitude adjustment, he might be able to come close to reaching his full potential.

it's people like taylorj99 that will get this sorry, pathetic soul of a man his shot.

You could just reply to the question I posed. Instead you mount a personal attack. "People like taylorj99"...you know exactly jack **** about me, my opinions, or anything else. A simple "No, I don't like him because of his attitude" or "he's overrated" would do. It would be very easy to research every post you've made and come up with a poor opinion of you, however you've cut out the middle man and done it yourself. Thanks anyway.

taylorj99 said:
You could just reply to the question I posed. Instead you mount a personal attack. "People like taylorj99"...you know exactly jack **** about me, my opinions, or anything else. A simple "No, I don't like him because of his attitude" or "he's overrated" would do. It would be very easy to research every post you've made and come up with a poor opinion of you, however you've cut out the middle man and done it yourself. Thanks anyway.
no.......thank you

Clarett is a joke, any talent he had was lost by not playing last year and this upcoming season.

saves said:
I can't agree with your slow statment. When he was in highschool it was said that he was the fastest area runningback at a high 4.3. Now I know highschool times are pretty iffy but just being in that area shows that he has some wheels. I saw a few of him games at Warren Harding and let me tell you, if he gets his head on straight, he is something special.

I don't want to seem like im defending him though. He has messed up his life big time so far. Musta been talking to Jim Brown too much. If he gets a serious attitude adjustment, he might be able to come close to reaching his full potential.

No problem Saves, I'm in the area too! I was basing my opinion on what I saw at OSU. IMO, he just didn't impress me much and seemed slow getting to the hole. He showed some wheels once he got rolling, but IMHO I just don't think, as of now, he is a NFL RB. Maybe a few more years in college, with a clean sheet and some impressive games at that level, without the injuries, I would be inclined to think differently. Peace! :D

Gary Miles said:
No problem Saves, I'm in the area too! I was basing my opinion on what I saw at OSU. IMO, he just didn't impress me much and seemed slow getting to the hole. He showed some wheels once he got rolling, but IMHO I just don't think, as of now, he is a NFL RB. Maybe a few more years in college, with a clean sheet and some impressive games at that level, without the injuries, I would be inclined to think differently. Peace! :D
I think he dug his own grave honestly. It's a shame.
Stay in school!!!:D

I dont think Clarett is a very talented back but if we could get him in the 4th or 5th round it wouldnt be a bad pick up.

I'm glad you guys don't evaluate talent for the Dolphins. Clarett would have been the Cowboys pick in round 2 instead of Julius Jones this past year. NOT a 2nd day pick. Clarett runs a low 4.6 forty, and is NOT slow to the hole. He is a very instinctive runner who uses his blockers effectively and shows good burst through hole. He doesn't have breakaway speed, but will rarely lose yards, and has an inate ability to turn a 1 or 2 yard carry into 4 or 5.

His line at OSU was NOT a monster line. What games were you watching? None will ever be very good pros and if you watched OSU last year, with many of the same lineman, you would have seen one of the most pathetic ground games ever to disgrace the horseshoe. The fact that they won as many games as they did is testament to their defense.

On the character issue side, there are, no doubt, issues. However, the Hurricanes just admitted an 18 year old who has already been arrested 11 times. I'm sure many of you will be cheering him on. The fact of the matter is that all too many players have character issues entering the NFL, Clarett's just got pointed out because of his success.

thats what my buddy said that likes miami we watch the games together he said "they should give us maurice clarrett or something" I started laughing i think that was the only laugh i got on sunday except when my dad left a message on my answering maching along these lines "Bye bye Ricky" I had to admit it was funny because he sound like the guy when ricky broke his first run against the jets bye bye ricky bye bye curse

LdoubleE80 said:
I'm glad you guys don't evaluate talent for the Dolphins. Clarett would have been the Cowboys pick in round 2 instead of Julius Jones this past year. NOT a 2nd day pick. Clarett runs a low 4.6 forty, and is NOT slow to the hole. He is a very instinctive runner who uses his blockers effectively and shows good burst through hole. He doesn't have breakaway speed, but will rarely lose yards, and has an inate ability to turn a 1 or 2 yard carry into 4 or 5.

His line at OSU was NOT a monster line. What games were you watching? None will ever be very good pros and if you watched OSU last year, with many of the same lineman, you would have seen one of the most pathetic ground games ever to disgrace the horseshoe. The fact that they won as many games as they did is testament to their defense.

On the character issue side, there are, no doubt, issues. However, the Hurricanes just admitted an 18 year old who has already been arrested 11 times. I'm sure many of you will be cheering him on. The fact of the matter is that all too many players have character issues entering the NFL, Clarett's just got pointed out because of his success.
Who do you scout talent for in the NFL?

No way Clarett would have been picked. They passed up friggin Jackson to take Jones, and Jackson is the perfect fit to there system. It still boggles my mind.

You MUST be a OSU fan. Clarett will get his shot, he will fail, he will disappear, no one will care. Mark these words.

ChambOfCommerce said:
Who do you scout talent for in the NFL?

No way Clarett would have been picked. They passed up friggin Jackson to take Jones, and Jackson is the perfect fit to there system. It still boggles my mind.

You MUST be a OSU fan. Clarett will get his shot, he will fail, he will disappear, no one will care. Mark these words.
Obviously Jackson wasn't if they didn't take him.

He will definatly get a shot somewhere, so we'll see who is right.

Back
Top Bottom