Maurice Clarett? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maurice Clarett?

No Luckeyes are allowed on my Team.
That means YOU Eddie George!
Pass Interference my ***!
I need a drink.

LdoubleE80 said:
I'm glad you guys don't evaluate talent for the Dolphins. Clarett would have been the Cowboys pick in round 2 instead of Julius Jones this past year. NOT a 2nd day pick. Clarett runs a low 4.6 forty, and is NOT slow to the hole. He is a very instinctive runner who uses his blockers effectively and shows good burst through hole. He doesn't have breakaway speed, but will rarely lose yards, and has an inate ability to turn a 1 or 2 yard carry into 4 or 5.

His line at OSU was NOT a monster line. What games were you watching? None will ever be very good pros and if you watched OSU last year, with many of the same lineman, you would have seen one of the most pathetic ground games ever to disgrace the horseshoe. The fact that they won as many games as they did is testament to their defense.

On the character issue side, there are, no doubt, issues. However, the Hurricanes just admitted an 18 year old who has already been arrested 11 times. I'm sure many of you will be cheering him on. The fact of the matter is that all too many players have character issues entering the NFL, Clarett's just got pointed out because of his success.
Clarett may have been a first day pick in this years draft but what about after not playing for a year? Clarett may be able to turn 1 or 2 yard carries into 4 yard carries in college but what about in the NFL. And what does Willie Williams have to do with who we choose? After having one headcase running back ruin our season I dont want it to happen again.

Clarett is slow, overweight (in a football sense), lazy, arrogant, fragile, stupid, and a *****.

Back
Top Bottom