May 9th - Ch 6, Ch 4, Ch 10 News

Channel 6
-CC says he is going to take advantage of his opportunities
-Clips of Wanny on Boston are shown
-He needs to get to 220s
-He does have the speed, but looks stiff
-SD warned Miami about this
-Feeley is learning the system
-Miami didn't know about all these top flight FA QBs.
-Miami will stick with their guy

Channel 10
-Mandich said this Boston situation is not good
-Says that this reputation he has has come with him from San Diego and Arizona.

I can understand not knowing about the Kerry Collins sit. but everyone knew Warner would be gone. That's just bad GM'ing if he didn't know.

Noone knew the Giants would actually trade up for Manning in February.

Channel 4
-CC says Gamble is a good guy, but he will jump on you if you screw up (said it with a big smile on his face)
-Gamble says he wants the WR unit to be tougher
-Tells WRs to block the DBs like lineman block for them on passing downs
-Boston is having trouble (duh!)

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
I can understand not knowing about the Kerry Collins sit. but everyone knew Warner would be gone. That's just bad GM'ing if he didn't know.

Noone knew the Giants would actually trade up for Manning in February.

Yeah but have you seen Warner in the past two years? He has been terrible, and that is being polite. Not only that but he is very immobile and with our O-line at that point in time, it would not have been a very handsome couple.

IF Collins goes to Oakland, AND Gannon is released, AND if its true that Collier wants to run more of a WC offense, AND Gannon's shoulder is healed, AND if its a put up or leave year for Wanspiel, WELL, Gannon at one time was a fireman....

:lol: BN!!

Wanna know what would have been bad GM'ing?? Doing nothing and waiting for Kurt Warner to be released in June. #1-Warner is completely washed up. #2-You're advocating waiting for a washed up QB....who we have no guarantee of getting....and banking on him developing timing and assimilating the offense in about three months.

THAT'S bad GM'ing. :)

Prime Time said:
Yeah but have you seen Warner in the past two years? He has been terrible, and that is being polite. Not only that but he is very immobile and with our O-line at that point in time, it would not have been a very handsome couple.

Posting what Channel 6 said, you said that Miami said they did not know "these top flight QB's would be available". You wrote "QB's" as in plural so Kerry Collins would not be the only guy they are talking about. Warner would be that other guy, I would think.

As they say "top flight QB's", you would think they see those 2 available QB's in high regards. That's just what I take from it.

I personally don't think Warner would be a good fit here.

Bottle Nose said:
IF Collins goes to Oakland, AND Gannon is released, AND if its true that Collier wants to run more of a WC offense, AND Gannon's shoulder is healed, AND if its a put up or leave year for Wanspiel, WELL, Gannon at one time was a fireman....

Gannon and Trestman don't have the best of relationships, so both of them in Miami might be unhealthy

I don't agree with Boston getting into the 220's. There are other WRs in this league that weigh in the 220's, and part of DB's presence is the fact that he's bigger than all these guys but runs the same or faster than them. Thats part of his intimidation on DBs. You'll never get him to agree to play in the 220's. More likely they'll bytch to him to get in the 220's and settle for 235.

Bottle Nose said:
Wow that is a lot of "IF's"

I personally do not want Gannon down here. I think he is over-rated and it was exposed when we played them their super bowl year and beat them by rushing the hell out of him and then TB did the same thing in the SB.

Don't make me laugh about Kurt Warner. The guy is DONE. Over. Finished. I read a fascinating Don Banks article at CNNSI last week that said Warner's hand is no better and he still has trouble gripping the ball. It was a great story while it lasted, but he's done.

Rude - I think almost to a man, everything that Rick Spielman has done since he took over as GM of the Miami Dolphins has been outstanding. Lets just trust him on the Feeley thing.

Trouble is....

we don't know who said it, and the voice tone when they said it. That could be a sarcastic remark depending on who the "top flight" was supposed to identify.

ckparrothead said:
I don't agree with Boston getting into the 220's. There are other WRs in this league that weigh in the 220's, and part of DB's presence is the fact that he's bigger than all these guys but runs the same or faster than them. Thats part of his intimidation on DBs. You'll never get him to agree to play in the 220's. More likely they'll bytch to him to get in the 220's and settle for 235.

Yea, boston should be around 230-235, 220 is just ridiculous. Terrel owens is as tall and weights almost 230.

juniorseau55 said:
Yea, boston should be around 230-235, 220 is just ridiculous. Terrel owens is as tall and weights almost 230.
Totally agree with you junior...

I don't know why, maybe I am just too much of an optimist, but I really think things are going to turn out well with Boston. Something tells me that it is JUST MAY and he will not sit out the real camps with a shin injury. That being said I think he can and will lose 5-10 lbs. Even if he does not, and plays like he did last year that will still be HUGE upgrade to what our #2 wr did last year.

Back
Top Bottom