Maybe its great to go into the season for once with no expectations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe its great to go into the season for once with no expectations

xSxPxHx

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Honestly,

how many times have we been let down after a promising offseason? I for one am looking forward to not expect anything from this team. Maybe this is what we needed. First time I do not know what to expect..lol but i like the moves so far. lets see how this season plays out before we judge this early.

I am expecting a healthy Ryan tannehill to tear the league apart.

I learned my lesson to temper my expectations a great deal due to the 2006 Offseason when we passed over Brees for Culpepper. Not only that I vividly remember the SI NFL Preview mag predicted us to go the Super Bowl that same year. I above and beyond "drank the Kool-Aid" to epic proportions. We all know how that season turned out; finished 6-10 and Saban bolted for Bama pre- Week 17.

It's a painful reality I've endured every year since then.

*Bonus*: the magical Wildcat year of 2008, and how that season ended was the icing on the cake of having no expectations and letting the season play out one week at a time.

I too expect playoffs, we've been told that Gase is finally making this his team for better and worse and some of the players we got rid of were holding us back. So if it doesn't work out, we will know that Gase is a fraud and if it does work we know Gase is who he thinks he is. Either way like my ex-gf used to tell me before sex, I just want to get it over with.

Expectations will be relatively high....for as long as Tannehill is healthy.

I expect Jakeem Grant and Kenyan Drake to really make a name for themselves.

Honestly,

how many times have we been let down after a promising offseason? I for one am looking forward to not expect anything from this team. Maybe this is what we needed.

Welcome to the past 15 years of my life...

giphy.gif

Ozzy rules!!

Dave Wannstedt killed my expectations years ago. This year will be the same. We have question marks all over the field and on the sidelines. We also have a few new coaches and quite few new players. We have a qb coming back from injury and we're counting on McMillan. Things could turn out great or we could absolutely suck.

Expectations will be relatively high....for as long as Tannehill is healthy.

Not good enough. If they haven't learned their lesson about addressing the QB position in case of further injury, they can **** off.

Not good enough. If they haven't learned their lesson about addressing the QB position in case of further injury, they can **** off.

I agree. But as of now, the backup is Fales. Maybe an eventual draft pick? Either way, the second Tannehill gets hurt, expectations are toast.

I agree. But as of now, the backup is Fales. Maybe an eventual draft pick? Either way, the second Tannehill gets hurt, expectations are toast.

Mine aren't. You make these kinds of moves, I expect immediate payoff.

Back
Top Bottom