"Maybe the Dolphins need a new conditioning program!" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Maybe the Dolphins need a new conditioning program!"

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
QUOTE]
One of the first things Parcells was surprised with and knew he had to change when he became Lord Dolphin was the number of injuries the team suffered that past year.
[/QUOTE]

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2008/05/importance-of-parcells-conditioning.html

When the Parcell regime took over: Parcell replaced the conditioning coaches with new ones and we all saw an instant reduction in the teams injuries. Result? A great season; one of the greatest "turn-arounds" of any NFL teams in history. So from this we can conclude that you must have your players on the field to win.

Fast forward to today: Four days into camp and already we have three players out for the year. Merling, Sheets and now Edds (did I forget anyone?) If this injury thing keeps up at this rate by day twenty we will have twelve players out all before our first game.
clear.gif
The part that I find most ironic is that all of these injuries seem to be identical: Achilles' tendon tears.

QUOTE]
One of the first things Parcells was surprised with and knew he had to change when he became Lord Dolphin was the number of injuries the team suffered that past year.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2008/05/importance-of-parcells-conditioning.html

When the Parcell regime took over: Parcell replaced the conditioning coaches with new ones and we all saw an instant reduction in the teams injuries. Result? A great season; one of the greatest "turn-arounds" of any NFL teams in history. So from this we can conclude that you must have your players on the field to win.

Fast forward to today: Four days into camp and already we have three players out for the year. Merling, Sheets and now Edds (did I forget anyone?) If this injury thing keeps up at this rate by day twenty we will have twelve players out all before our first game.
clear.gif
The part that I find most ironic is that all of these injuries seem to be identical: Achilles' tendon tears.

[/QUOTE]

You forgot Garner..

the good thing about our injuries so far is that they are not starters...

They were backups who may have contributed..

Sheets getting hurt sucks..But he was a long shot to make the team unless he was a crazy good returner...

Edds would have reportedly saw time in the nickel packages but really who knows how much he would have contributed..

Garner hurts cause he was a do all type guy for us..

Merling..Not that big a deal..We have Oddrick and we got some vets who we may need down the line.

Parcells himself has brought in injury prone playsers such as Smiley and Grove.

Back
Top Bottom