McCardell Situation!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McCardell Situation!!

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I really think the fins should at least contact the Bucs and make them an offer for Keenan McCardell as opposed to waiting to see if he gets cut. the Bucs have a lot of question marks at the WR position and I think that it is very unlikely that they will let him go. A competant compliment to Chris Chambers will be the biggest key to the 2004 season IMHO. I don't believe we have that right now :shakeno: :cry:!!

What makes you think they havent called and asked about the situation??

Usually stuff like that leaks out. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't this time.

i think the only problem is that keenan wants $4.5 per. i know we're desperate but damn, with our QBs, we're talking about over $10 mil in 2 guys (mccardell and chambers), that combined might not catch more than 120 balls.

Here is what I got in an email today from Draftsharks.com, which is a FF site:

** The situation between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and veteran WR
Keenan McCardell has deteriorated so fast, the club is looking to
trade him. Two NFL sources told a Miami-based newspaper today that
the Bucs have spoken with the Dolphins about a possible trade for
McCardell. The sources went on to say that the Bucs have held
preliminary talks with the Kansas City Chiefs and Chicago Bears.
Keenan, who has caught at least 60 passes in each of the past eight
seasons, has two years left on his contract at $2.5 million this
season and $2.75 million in 2005.

MrClean said:
Here is what I got in an email today from Draftsharks.com, which is a FF site:

** The situation between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and veteran WR
Keenan McCardell has deteriorated so fast, the club is looking to
trade him. Two NFL sources told a Miami-based newspaper today that
the Bucs have spoken with the Dolphins about a possible trade for
McCardell. The sources went on to say that the Bucs have held
preliminary talks with the Kansas City Chiefs and Chicago Bears.
Keenan, who has caught at least 60 passes in each of the past eight
seasons, has two years left on his contract at $2.5 million this
season and $2.75 million in 2005.
Good news

this guy is another head case .he is 33 ,and on the decline .i would rather get plaxico
and give up our 1 pick next year .i would then trade ricky's rights to the raider for a 1 and a 2 that could go to a first based on his production.so their we have it all our picks in 2005 plus plaxico

16wins4fins said:
this guy is another head case .he is 33 ,and on the decline .i would rather get plaxico
and give up our 1 pick next year .i would then trade ricky's rights to the raider for a 1 and a 2 that could go to a first based on his production.so their we have it all our picks in 2005 plus plaxico

Only problem with that is the Loony Factor. We all know what happens when you count on ricky. :shakeno:

i would go after another WR , maybe plaxico or some1 else.. he wants to much damn money.. i wouldnt do that if i was miami, hes old and way to much money..

Give McCardell a one year 4 million contract. We need him now and we have the money.

McCardell is doing pretty good for being on the decline. He just came off his best, or at least 2nd best, season. All this talk about Burress, does Pittsburgh really even want to trade him? We've heard the same about Rod Gardner, but both seem to be rumors started by wishful thinkers.
Yes, McCardell is 34, but he appears to have some tread left on his tires. He was the 9th best WR in the NFL last year for # of catches and his ypc was better than Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, Hines Ward, Derrick Mason, Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, David Boston, Rod Smith, Koren Robinson, Peerless Price and Joe Horn to name a few.
Tim Brown was still very productive at 36 years old with over 90 catches, before slumping with the rest of the Raiders last year.
McCardell, barring injury, could easily have three more very productive seasons left in him.

16wins4fins said:

I thought he was 34?

The Plaxico Burress talk seems to be the same as the Gradner ones, wishful thinking. Id rather have Plexico, but i dont see ethir happening. Wed have to give up way too much, and that assumiong the teams are even interested(which there probably not).

I heard on 690 here in the L.A. area that they have spoken a 2ND time with the Bucs regarding KM about 1 hour ago. But then again it was "Hackastorysaw" Lee Hamilton.

Back
Top Bottom