McKinney's comments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinney's comments

R_t_Kraken

Active Roster
Reaction score
I believe McKinney has every right to call out Ricky Williams, so to speak. As does any player on this football team. I'm surprised more of our boys aren't calling for his head. Obviously Ricky had a lot of "friends" on the team. But it still doesn't make much sense how players like, JT, are completely fine with this. Do they really feel Ricky's actions are excusable? And if so, for what? He couldn't of bailed on our boys at a worse time.

Although they are showing much class, I find it hard to believe these players don't feel as if they've been stabbed in the back.

Jason Taylor probably understands Ricky more than anyone else as JT wants to move on from football. He loves making calenders, doing commericals, being a spoksperson for a company. I got a feeling that JT is one of these guys who doesn't have football at the top of their priority list but just plays to make good money.

Guys like Seth, Larry Chester...etc. They are football guys who love the game and want to win. They will never understand Ricky.

Dolphinizzle said:
I believe McKinney has every right to call out Ricky Williams, so to speak. As does any player on this football team. I'm surprised more of our boys aren't calling for his head. Obviously Ricky had a lot of "friends" on the team. But it still doesn't make much sense how players like, JT, are completely fine with this. Do they really feel Ricky's actions are excusable? And if so, for what? He couldn't of bailed on our boys at a worse time.

Although they are showing much class, I find it hard to believe these players don't feel as if they've been stabbed in the back.

In a way I agree just because McKinney is less gifted, which forces him to work that much harder, and because watching someone with God given talent walk away is tough to swallow. However; who is McKinney? He absolutely sucked last year and I don't anticipate him being any better this year. I like when people who want to voice their opinion also lead by example not run their mouths and play like A$$. I did fault Ricky at first, but he does have a point. Look at RB's who stay too long and get injured, have a hard time walking, etc. Look at the damage Emmitt is taking now that he doesn't have monster holes to run through or even the permanent damage other backs suffer from getting sent straight forward only to get mashed. I watched every game last year and I swear that first and second down's were sometimes brutal to watch because the flood gates would open on the offensive line and Williams would get hit three yards deep! He's no Barry Sanders that can be elusive he just runs more North and South and given the off season offensive line woes he probably figured now was as good a time as any. Anyways I can't wait to see Minor perform and hopefully McKinney can improve upon his skills and back up his own words...GO FINS!!!

I wished there were more people like McKinney raising their voice. It is not about greatness or that you have to earn the honour to raise your voice.

Williams can do whatever he wants. Last time I checked the US were a free country. But it is the time he chose to inform his teammates. And this is what sucks. And if McKinney complains about it he is right.

The team now needs players who are furious. They have to form a unity and need more leadership. If that comes from McKinney - fine so be it. The least the Fins need are a bunch of players who feel sorry for Williams and quit playing because they lost hope.

McKinney rules

I like this on one end you have McKinney who is pissed. On the other end you have players like JT who are forgiving him, and want to tell the others to shut up. Maybe they can all get the drama out early in camp, and it will bring them closer together as a team.

Maybe some people feel like McKinney, but don't want to say something because RW may change his mind and return.

Mc Kinney has every right to say what he said and there is no doubt that others on the team feel that way but are unwilling to say it to the media. It looks like this guy is stepping up to the plate and becoming a leader, and we need some more like him :)

yeah, but it is differences that can make us stronger

If Ricky came back, those two would probably make up and talk it out, and if they did so that would be that start of the leadership on offense.

If Ricky came back it would be just like a marriage fight, where somebody was sleeping at thier buddy's house or on the couch. Sometimes it is good to work thing out right? makes us stronger, and would hopefully make the team stronger.

Since this senerio won't happen, (most likely) lets just hope that chip on Seth's shoulder and everyone else's just grows and they actually do something about it.

Ps if Ricky is done with football, and doesn't care anymore, why has he not submitted he retirement papers yet (he was supposed to monday) and why is he still calling his body and having football conversations? OH and why is he getting into verbal fights through the media with ex-teammates? Very unlike a guy who doesn't care.

I love the way Ricky is supposed to be allowed to do whatever he wants because it's his life yet Seth needs to keep his mouth shut.

That's a nice double standard.

I don't like how it said that some players were upset that he spoke out. Something to the point that he only has 4 starts, what makes him a spokesman. I think this is one of the biggest problems of the team, and it starts with DW. No one is willing to call anyone out, and piss some people off. Remember when Jimmy Johnson called out Marino? He had some awesome games, and Dan was THE team. Leaders arn't voted into it, they display it, and that is what McKinney did.

Ricky backstabbed the team no matter how you look at it. I applaud McKinney's Comments and I wish other players would speak out to have Seth's back..

gunn34 said:
Maybe some people feel like McKinney, but don't want to say something because RW may change his mind and return.
I cant believe that the players would accept him back. If I was a teammate and Ricky cam back I'd demand to be traded.

MikeO said:
Guys like Seth, Larry Chester...etc. They are football guys who love the game and want to win. They will never understand Ricky.

These are the only guys I would want on my team, gritty smashmouth football heads who love the game for the game. Unfortunately thats only wishful thinking for any team in the NFL in this day n age unless your the pats.

NLude33 said:
I don't like how it said that some players were upset that he spoke out. Something to the point that he only has 4 starts, what makes him a spokesman. I think this is one of the biggest problems of the team, and it starts with DW. No one is willing to call anyone out, and piss some people off. Remember when Jimmy Johnson called out Marino? He had some awesome games, and Dan was THE team. Leaders arn't voted into it, they display it, and that is what McKinney did.

Very good point. :)

Back
Top Bottom