McMahon starting in Philly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMahon starting in Philly

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Reaction score
The Associated Press reports Philadelphia Eagles QB Mike McMahon will start the Week 11 game against the New York Giants Sunday, Nov. 20, in place of injured QB Donovan McNabb (groin/hernia). McMahon, who was the team's No. 3 quarterback, will get the start over backup QB Koy Detmer.
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

In regards to Feeley, I remember when we brought him in that there was a big controversy on this board about him being a 3rd stringer and others saying he would of started if McNabb got hurt. I remember it went on for just about his whole stay here.
I find it interesting now that McNabb is hurt and they are going with the 3rd qb over Detmer.

gottahavefootba said:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

In regards to Feeley, I remember when we brought him in that there was a big controversy on this board about him being a 3rd stringer and others saying he would of started if McNabb got hurt. I remember it went on for just about his whole stay here.
I find it interesting now that McNabb is hurt and they are going with the 3rd qb over Detmer.

Detmer's the holder, that's why he's the number 2. That's always been why he's the number 2. The 3rd QB is usually inactive or in "emergency" status.

nlp0121 said:
Detmer's the holder, that's why he's the number 2. That's always been why he's the number 2. The 3rd QB is usually inactive or in "emergency" status.

I know there were alot that agreed with you, but there was also alot that said that was silly because they would not make a qb #2 just to hold. Thought maybe this now could clear that up.

gottahavefootba said:
I know there were alot that agreed with you, but there was also alot that said that was silly because they would not make a qb #2 just to hold. Thought maybe this now could clear that up.

ah gotcha...
Yeah I don't know why people would find that so hard to believe. Just because it's not conventional doesn't mean it's impossible...

Back
Top Bottom