McShay reports that J.Allen may be failing team physicals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay reports that J.Allen may be failing team physicals

Kyfinsfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As stated by Todd McShay, Scouts Inc on ESPN.com:

"Rather than bolting to the NFL a year early, Tennessee DB Jason Allen returned to school for his senior season in 2005 hoping to solidify a spot in the top half of the first round of this year's draft. A tweener cornerback/free safety prospect, Allen was enjoying a successful season at cornerback before suffering a season-ending dislocated hip in Game 5 versus Georgia.

As expected, his stock immediately plummeted because of concerns about his durability. Allen was able to ease some of those concerns when he showed up healthy at the scouting combine and ran both his 40-yard dash attempts in the low 4.4-second range. At that point, NFL teams reportedly were viewing him as a first-round prospect again. However, Allen has since failed at least two physicals administered privately by NFL teams. With that news spreading like wildfire, Allen's stock is declining again, and it wouldn't be surprising to see the 6-foot-1, 209-pound defensive back slip to the middle of the second round -- or even beyond that point."

Just putting it out there for others to discuss. Sorry can't give the link as it is insider (pay portion of the site). If healthy, I still like Allen as a possibility, but I am significantly warming to Cromartie, esp. if both are injury concerns. As for our pick at #16, barring some unforeseen slippage, I would really like to trade down into the 20-25 area to get the following DBs or Lawson/Greenway and pick up an additional pick. Too bad J.Williams (character), Cromartie (inj.) and Allen (inj) all have negative flags. Seems like all 3 have top 10 talent, but at least one of them will be a bust...I trust Saban & Co. to make the right decision.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to continue to believe that this is just another Pre-Draft Rumor in full swing.

He does have that hip problem. I wont believe this til it come out official. Might be a draft rumor

Yeah, If he could fall to us in the third or fourth I would jump on him depending on if this is true or not. But if its true he could easily fall to the 3rd or the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom