Meet Derrius Thompson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet Derrius Thompson

Dolfan954

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Out of all the Dolphins, EAS picks DERRIUS THOMPSON? I guess he's the only one who was available. I don't have a link because this was sent to me via e-mail from EAS. Here's the info for anyone interested:

Across the country, the pros of the NFL are heading to training camp to prepare for another season--another shot at greatness. To reach their goals, they'll have to train hard and eat right. While you may not be looking to secure a roster spot, GNC and EAS want to give you the opportunity to train like the pros, and use what the pros use. To help you get started, we'd like to invite you to this very special event.

On July 10th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Miami Dolphin Derrius Thompson will be appearing at the Aventura Mall GNC store. Derrius will be talking with customers and signing autographs, so don't miss your chance to meet an NFL pro! As an added bonus, you'll be able to get 20% off select EAS products, and register to win free product samples and other giveaways!

You may not be in an NFL training camp, but when you use what the pros use, you'll be able to reach all your fitness goals. Come visit us at your local GNC store. We'll help you build your best body--ever.

If he is using GNC, I'm definately not using it as I will no longer be able to get open against my kids in the back yard, plus I'll start dropiing passes...lol

clear.gif

Give the guy a break, he was a little in over his head last year. He did play a lot better down the stretch where he had most of his receptions. Good players don't often play good their first year with a new team. Moises Alou played horrible his first year with the Cubs. There are a million examples that support the notion that DT will have a much better year this year.

I hope he doesn't have to catch a cab to get there.

Seriously though, maybe Sullivan can bring out the best WR Thompson can be.

If he can't excel with Sullivan (in that #3 spot he did so well in), it's time to cut bait.

oh come on guys,

i really think DT has what it takes to be a playmaker this year. i know he had hard hands last year or what not, and i of all people was dumbfounded by this lack of play

but i do feel he has the potential to be the #2 WR in the next couple of years.

and it's not like were gonna draft another WR in the first round again.

and if we did he'd probably break his ankle in training camp and never play a lick of pro ball ever.... hmmm sounds familiar

ii

I agree. I believe this is his 6th year and last year was his first year starting. He said he wasn't comfortable last year. While that is no excuse the offenses and defenses are a lot more complicated than people think. I know I talked to Tommy Hendricks at an early mini camp the Jags held after the draft and he said the Jags D was a breeze compared to Miami's and I know that he said the defense but I think the offenses are even more complicated. I am gonna give this guy the benefit of the doubt I think he will do well this year.

midwest_phinfan said:
Give the guy a break, he was a little in over his head last year. He did play a lot better down the stretch where he had most of his receptions. Good players don't often play good their first year with a new team. Moises Alou played horrible his first year with the Cubs. There are a million examples that support the notion that DT will have a much better year this year.
Yea lets try not to pick on our own

He played well for Washington in 2002(statiscally had a better season than Chambers). I wouldn't give up on him after one bad year here, but I'm glad they aren't counting on him to be the #2 guy.

Back
Top Bottom