Mel Kiper's 1st Round Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper's 1st Round Mock Draft

benelli1979

Born Into This
Reaction score
And it goes a little something like this...

1 Detroit - Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

2 St. Louis - Andre Smith OT Alabama

3 Kansas City - Mark Sanchez QB USC

4 Seattle - Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

5 Cleveland - Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

6 Cincinnati - Jason Smith OT Baylor

7 Oakland - Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

8 Jacksonville - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia

9 Green Bay - Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio St.

10 San Francisco - Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn St.

11 Buffalo - Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St.

12 Denver - B.J. Raji DT Boston College

13 Washington - Brian Orakpo DE Texas

14 New Orleans - Vontae Davis CB Illinois

15 Houston - Everette Brown DE Florida St.

16 San Diego - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia

17 New York Jets - Percy Harvin WR Florida

18 Chicago - Tyson Jackson DE LSU

19 Tampa Bay - Josh Freeman QB Kansas St.

20 Detroit (from Dallas) - Rey Maualuga LB USC

21 Philadelphia - Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio St.

22 Minnesota - Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

23 New England - Brian Cushing LB USC

24 Atlanta - Larry English DE/OLB No. Illinois

25 Miami - Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Mryland

26 Baltimore - D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt

27 Indianapolis - Peria Jerry DT Mississippi

28 Philadelphia (from Carolina) - Michael Oher OT Mississippi

29 New York Giants - James Laurinaitis LB Ohio St.

30 Tennessee - Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech

31 Arizona - LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh

32 Pittsburgh - Alex Mack C California

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3850049

What do you guys think?

lol

To be honest, I've never heard of Darrius Heyward-Bey. I like Nicks from UNC though. Maybe he'll fall a few spots.

I've seen Heyward-Bey at Maryland and he just strikes me as a track star trying to play football. I think it would be more likely that Miami would take CB D.J. Moore at that point versus taking a WR. Honestly, I'm shocked that Kiper has Oher slipping that far. He would be a supremely intriguing pick if he fell that far.

No Williams Moore in the first round . . . he is free falling from a bad senior year and a bad week so far in senior bowl practices. We maybe could grab him in round 2 . . . seriously . . . he is going to need a good game and a good combine.

its mocks like these, the reason i am liking mcshay now

I mean I don't want to go WR, but u guys do realize that Bey is like 6'3 210 lbs and runs a 4.3 40 right? Only problem is he is still very Raw . . . and with the impatience of Ginn on this site, I don't think you guys could take another WR that may require 2 or 3 years of development.

But he has tremendous upside . . . kid is a BEAST, he just has to continue to learn how to be a WR. It would excite me if the Trifecta made this pick, because they obviously would feel that this kid could be the next big thing and they can develop him properly.

he has oher really low, is he a good run blocking tackle, if he slipped to us and we didnt resign carey he could play the right side.

i agree with everyone on H-Bey......

but to add, with Buffalo's horrible woes on the D-line and no pressure, especially with how Schoebel was hurt most the season, why in the world would they go TE 1st round instead of Raji before Denver.... or even Orakpo???

he has oher really low, is he a good run blocking tackle, if he slipped to us and we didnt resign carey he could play the right side.

Yea I don't think Oher falls that far . . . when motivated, Oher is the best overall tackle in this draft. Tons of potential and talent. Unfortunately I doubt we let Carey see Free Agency, so this is a problem we won't have to deal with.

I think if we knew Oher was there right now . . . we would take him and not resign Vernon.

if you want flags left and right called on the dolphins offense.... draft Oher

Yea I don't think Oher falls that far . . . when motivated, Oher is the best overall tackle in this draft. Tons of potential and talent. Unfortunately I doubt we let Carey see Free Agency, so this is a problem we won't have to deal with.

I think if we knew Oher was there right now . . . we would take him and not resign Vernon.

I mean I don't want to go WR, but u guys do realize that Bey is like 6'3 210 lbs and runs a 4.3 40 right? Only problem is he is still very Raw . . . and with the impatience of Ginn on this site, I don't think you guys could take another WR that may require 2 or 3 years of development.

But he has tremendous upside . . . kid is a BEAST, he just has to continue to learn how to be a WR. It would excite me if the Trifecta made this pick, because they obviously would feel that this kid could be the next big thing and they can develop him properly.

well about 75 percent of players take time to develop if they are coming from the lower schools, at least this kid has played against acc defenses which are pretty good, he should come along nicely, the thing with ginn is that he came from osu and the world was expected of him when he was drafted and he did not live up to the hype

Back
Top Bottom