Melifonwu Hopes To Improve Draft Resume With Solid Outing At Senior Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Melifonwu Hopes To Improve Draft Resume With Solid Outing At Senior Bowl

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I am just saying there is something about this kid. I have watched his tape and I get the feeling we should draft him.

The 2017 draft class is considered rich in defensive backs and Melifonwu, according to most analysis, remains projected as a second-round selection at best. One projection, by CBS Sports, has him falling to the fifth round.

In rankings on walterfootball.com, Melifonwu is rated as the fifth-best safety in the draft class. A good performance in the Senior Bowl could boost Melifonwu's stock, though. According to Walter Football, five teams have shown particular interest in Melifonwu: The Seahawks, Texans, Saints, Eagles, Panthers.

Melifonwu, who set a UConn record with 24 tackles in the season finale against Tulane, led the Huskies with 118 tackles and four interceptions in 2016. Former UConn coach Bob Diaco called Melifonwu the best safety in the nation before the season and Melifonwu played increasingly well down the stretch.
He officially measured 6 feet 4 inches and weighed 219 pounds during Senior Bowl preparation and he has reportedly been a standout player in practices.
Melifonwu was one of two safeties named All-AAC first-team, with SMU senor Darrion Millines.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we can get this guy in the 3rd it would be great to have someone match up to the larger TEs or WRs

Im very impressed with the db group as a whole at the senior bowl

Very impressed...dont know what the tape looks like but what i see in full pads is impressive in these practices

Miami can probably steal a nickel or safety on day 3

High praise for Melifonwu from Pro Football Focus College

[TWEET]834488448044171266[/TWEET]

High praise for Melifonwu from Pro Football Focus College

[TWEET]834488448044171266[/TWEET]

I had the exact opposite experience with Melifonwu. Surprisingly soft for his size, poor instincts. If he tests well, I'd consider moving him to CB.

I had the exact opposite experience with Melifonwu. Surprisingly soft for his size, poor instincts. If he tests well, I'd consider moving him to CB.

I'm missing it too. There's a number of guys this year I have the same feeling about. I'd worry I was having a stroke if my thoughts echoed his insane sentiments regarding Hooker. I think people see his size and decent stat line (**UCONN**) and assume the best without watching more than a few highlight plays. Pillow soft.

I'm all in for this guy. His size and speed are unreal. Mayock says he's Kam chancellor. We have a sudden bigger need at FS. He's climbing fast since combine.

Back
Top Bottom