Membership | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Membership

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
Fresh from posting on Dolphan87's membership post in the main forum. (if someone wants to edit my link, they are welcome to do so).

I think there might be something to the replies in that thread however. I'm not suggesting you lower the premium member amount, but what about developing a 'Finheaven Supporter' or 'Finheaven Fan' level?

While you do accept 'unstructured' donations, it prove more effective to develop a tiered system that might eventually be:

$80 Premium Member
$50 Finheaven Supporter
$25 Finheaven Fan

Wtih different perks at each.

You could of course tweak the amounts as needed, but anything to get the cash flow moving in the right direction.

Hope this helps, or sparks other ideas. Would an 'online raffle' be, well, legal? Could you buy a jersey, tickets, etc and then raffle off tickets on the site to try and get $$ that way?

Good luck!

Good ideas xiidean!

Having different levels may be a little hard to manage as far as "perks" go.... but we do have the capability of adding an "award" (like the premie member sign" for those that contribute.... definately worth looking in to...

I'd start it with the signs, absolutely. Maybe scale the extra space up, require at least level one for animated GIFs (which tend to take more space anyway).

And, I see I DO in fact have a 2x sign, I just never noticed it (unless someone just added it?)

Thanks!

That sounds like a great idea, perhaps what I'll do is just give a donate little icon for all those that donate anyway.

In addition, I just have to figure out what kind of perks all the people get. I guess extra space and etc is feasible... and a window decal (cause I want those OUT of my house!)

I like the teired idea. And while I also like the tiered award system, it might gbackfire......as everyone would know almost exactly how much the donator gave.....and might create tension.

Anyway, good ideas all around!!

I personally would be proud to be on either of the two newly suggested tiers. Even if there were no perks and I just got a window decal, having a "sign" showing that I contributed would make me feel alot better about using this site. BTW, my true contribution will be coming......I promise. :up:

Back
Top Bottom