Merge: R.I.P. Cory Lidle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merge: R.I.P. Cory Lidle

clear.gif

Ray Finkle said:
Good point. Since we're all sport fans we get wrapped up in Lidle dying but we all should think about the others (3 people I believed) who died as well. I'm still shocked, no one ever expects to hear news like this.
i thought only 2 died...Lidle and the instructor...

R.I.P.

I heard about the plane crashing, and then I heard it was Lidle like an hour later. Sad news indeed.

RIP cory, i have been a big fan of cory even before he came to the yankees

man i feel really bad for his family

man this sucks

Cory Lidle came up with the mets in the mid 90's after being traded here by the Brewers. He was a guy who made the most out of his ability and because of that work ethic carved out a successfull, if unspectacular career. Occassionally he said too much to the press but that doesnt make him a bad guy. He perservered playing through numerous minor league teams and 7 MLB teams (NYM, TB, Oak, Cincy, Philly, NYY, Toronto). Let this be an example of how far work ethic can carry you even if you arent the most talented....if youre the hardest working you can still succeed.

I still have the ticket stub from his 1st pro start: Game 37 - Sun, May 11 NYM @STL W 6-4 WP: C Lidle LP: D Eckersley

RIP Cory Lidle

Boik14 said:
Cory Lidle came up with the mets in the mid 90's after being traded here by the Brewers. He was a guy who made the most out of his ability and because of that work ethic carved out a successfull, if unspectacular career. Occassionally he said too much to the press but that doesnt make him a bad guy. He perservered playing through numerous minor league teams and 7 MLB teams (NYM, TB, Oak, Cincy, Philly, NYY, Toronto). Let this be an example of how far work ethic can carry you even if you arent the most talented....if youre the hardest working you can still succeed.

I still have the ticket stub from his 1st pro start: Game 37 - Sun, May 11 NYM @STL W 6-4 WP: C Lidle LP: D Eckersley

RIP Cory Lidle

That's pretty cool.

Ray Finkle said:
That's pretty cool.
Yeah looking back I guess it is....I had season tix in 97 and i have all the stubs in a bag with the final score on each with the winning sp and losing sp.

Just 2 or 3 days ago he was on YES/WFAN going at it big-time with MIKE AND THE MADDOG for his comments he made throwing Torre under the bus. Now he's dead. It's shocking!!!!!!

So sad. Hopefully his family finds the strength to pull through during this tough time.

I am not a baseball fan but that is irrelevant. Way too freaking young to die. He seemed like a really good guy and a good pitcher. My prayers go to his family. :(

R.I.P.

Prayers go out to the Lidle family.

MikeO said:
This might be his last interview........

WFAN Audio

I couldn't go through listening to it, but I hear a lot of people in this area who are very upset at Mike and the Mad Dog. I already saw 2 articles, one on each, about how they regret what they had said. Personally, I like Mike and the Mad Dog, but they do come off as jerks sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom