Merged 20X: Site Performance Issues | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 20X: Site Performance Issues

What happened to the "Search" feature?

I use that a fair amount & now when I go to search to see if something has been posted I can't.

People (mostly guests) mounted a massive attack on the servers today looking for Brees news because of the expectations generated by anxious fans and irresponsible press. Searches have been temporarily disabled, and avatars are also gone.

If you really need to search, go to Google, choose advanced, and put www.finheaven.com in the domain field before doing your search.

on the same subject....how about the "new Posts" feature. We no longer have a main board. I would rather lose avatars and sigs than lose this feature, it is my favorite(now that I discovered my Google tool bar has spell check). Please-please, give us back this feature... I am surprised that you disabled it, this just goes to show how little I understand the stuff. I would have thought that there would be little gain by shutting this one down. Thanks.

cnc66 said:
on the same subject....how about the "new Posts" feature.
Thanks.

Glad brother cnc posted this.... I DEPEND on the "New Posts". I didnt even know there were any other options to view posts:D
It was obvious what was happening yesterday guys. One time i saw over 1200 viewers just in the zoo. You guys in the trenches keepin it going are amazing.. keep up guys.

azfinfanmang said:
Glad brother cnc posted this.... I DEPEND on the "New Posts". I didnt even know there were any other options to view posts:D
It was obvious what was happening yesterday guys. One time i saw over 1200 viewers just in the zoo. You guys in the trenches keepin it going are amazing.. keep up guys.

so true, I feel like I am somewhere else because I am unfamiliar with navigating like this. I never used any other way to view. I'll tell you, it causes me to move around within the site MUCH more...this has to add against any gain you received by shutting it down.

jesus, this board is packed...

Miami Dolphins (1064 Viewing)

damn i dont remember it being this slow and packed out last year, am i just not remembering right, or has the recent growth in people online at one time been kinda crazy...

I cant even log in to Finheaven!!!!

Woow it takes my pc 6 mins to login each thread!! I also have ultra high speed !!! WOOW whats the cause of this!!! Every other site is fast:shakeno:

dominizzo said:
Woow it takes my pc 6 mins to login each thread!! I also have ultra high speed !!! WOOW whats the cause of this!!! Every other site is fast:shakeno:

There's too many people on this site. It's become too popular. I am having the same issues.:tantrum:

U gotta love how popular this site has become. Thanks to all you guys. CK, Boomer and the rest of the gang.

dominizzo said:

:lol: Dom, I think 6 mins might be a bit of an exaggeration. It is slow though, but it's because of the number of folks on; the number posting; and the number of "guests" lurking, which is usually 2-3 times the members at any given time.

Back
Top Bottom