Merged 2X: Kevin Jones and Three Hurricanes to go Pro | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Kevin Jones and Three Hurricanes to go Pro

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Winslow, Taylor, & Wilfork to go pro

From the gbnreport:

Three out of 4 ain't bad...At least that's the early speculation on how many of Miami's strong junior class will be entering the 2004 NFL draft. Miami juniors FS Sean Taylor and TE Kellen Winslow, for example, both pretty much committed to entering next year's draft following Saturday's win over Pittsburgh which gave the Hurricanes a share of yet another Big East title, although both also indicated they won't make a formal announcement until after Miami's bowl game this year, likely the Orange Bowl. Fellow junior DT Vince Wilfork is also believed to be leaning strongly to leaving school a year early, although all Wilfork is saying publicly is that he "is thinking about it." Meanwhile, another Miami junior CB Antrel Rolle, who did a fine job Saturday helping to shut down Pitt's all-world WR Larry Fitzgerald, reportedly is leaning toward staying in school, but is leaving the option of going pro open. According to Rolle, "As of right now, I'll be here next year."

What has Winslow done wrong? He said he was a soldier, so what. He's still the best TE in college & better than all but maybe, maybe, 10 TEs in the NFL.

What Winslow said was pretty stupid. Anyway, this doesn't really surprise me. These guys are all first round picks.

Pretty stupid? Absolutley EMBARASSING to his FATHER and to the"U" that he supports so much. Give me a break, that was the stupidest thing to say. Even if the US isn't in a "war" at the moment, calling football a "WAR" is a JOKE.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
Pretty stupid? Absolutley EMBARASSING to his FATHER and to the"U" that he supports so much. Give me a break, that was the stupidest thing to say. Even if the US isn't in a "war" at the moment, calling football a "WAR" is a JOKE.

Come on. What's the old saying about all sports, "It's a war out there". Teams are in "battle", you're out their to win. Some other teams' fans are making too much of this but notice the media let it die after a week. Hell its not like he's a criminal like half the Florida State team. He's done nothing illegal. He's one hell of a football player.

Kevin Jones and Three Hurricanes to go Pro

The Virginia Tech TB has declared and will be a 1st rounder - could well end up with the Pats. And from my good friend Colin Lindsay at GBN....... "Miami juniors FS Sean Taylor and TE Kellen Winslow, for example, both pretty much committed to entering next year's draft following Saturday's win over Pittsburgh which gave the Hurricanes a share of yet another Big East title, although both also indicated they won't make a formal announcement until after Miami's bowl game this year, likely the Orange Bowl. Fellow junior DT Vince Wilfork is also believed to be leaning strongly to leaving school a year early, although all Wilfork is saying publicly is that he "is thinking about it." Meanwhile, another Miami junior CB Antrel Rolle, who did a fine job Saturday helping to shut down Pitt's all-world WR Larry Fitzgerald, reportedly is leaning toward staying in school, but is leaving the option of going pro open. According to Rolle, "As of right now, I'll be here next year."

Not sure where Hurricane girl is who said that because she knew Taylor and Winslow that they wouldn't be coming out. I will eat my hat if they don't declare.

dam that vida is hot! thanks for the visual.. i guess buckeye fans have great taste in women. what a rump.

Sean Taylor wants to come to Buffalo. Then we would need a pas rushing DE and our defense would be top notch

I hear ya but.......

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
There's a big reason a lot of schools don't let the press in right after a game, and that's the reason. If a lot more schools let people in the locker room right after a game, they'd hear a lot more stuff like that. Even ESPN said it wasn't unheard of, so soon after a game. Tempers are still high and players are still frustrated. Everybody needs to chill after a game a bit before doing a press conference, and Winslow should have done that. Lots of things were lost with that game. A chance for a shot at the National Championship, plus, a very important 30+ home winning streak. Not saying he had the right to say those things, but I can understand his frustration, especially when not given the time to unwind before answering questions about it.:cool:

Originally posted by SMadison29
What has Winslow done wrong? He said he was a soldier, so what. He's still the best TE in college & better than all but maybe, maybe, 10 TEs in the NFL.

Winslow has been listening to too much "50 cent"!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom