MERGED 2X: Prisco article on Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Prisco article on Ricky

This quote from Ricky kind of bugs me.."This is an opportunity to be a real role model."

Should someone who wants to be looked at as a role model just pick up and quit when so many people are counting on him?

I'm leaving the team built around me a week before training camp because I want to smoke weed and the big bad NFL won't let me.

Some f--king role model. EDITED for content.

You're crossing the line. DO NOT go there again.

Muck

i finally agree with prisco he has earned my respect

Good read!

Woah!

That was probably the first time I've liked Prisco. What a read! The guy seems so sad for us, he really does. He doesn't respect Ricky at all for what he did, and he shouldn't. I'll highlight my favorite parts:

Two things about that quote: Any Jamaican living in a shack who wouldn't trade places with Williams in an instant has been imbibing in too much of Bob Marley's favorite leaf. The second thing is that we're all told what we can and can't do. It's called laws and bosses and wives and parents.
That made Rickys quote ABOUT the shack folk seem like rubbish.

Indications are that Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt is furious. Wouldn't you be? His job is on the line and suddenly his star running back decides he'd rather sit in a circle with his legs crossed listening to poetry and clicking his fingers at every line he likes?
Gotta feel bad for Wanny...

And, such a good quote...

Williams is also selfish. Making this kind of decision a week before the Dolphins were to open training camp makes anything Terrell Owens did seem trivial. This is a quitter, a guy who bailed on his teammates as they were readying to make a Super Bowl push. That's the ultimate insult.
Indeed it is Prisco, indeed it is...and thank you...

Williams had it all, and now he's throwing it all away.
Is that really something that should be applauded?

Damn wut a good read....Prisco becoming liked among Fin-Fans??

What makes me even madder about this is the fact that I felt he was running very tentative last year. Sure the OL wasn't as good as before but I could tell by looking at him that he wasn't giving his all. Even he admitted that the week of the Titans game, but I never really saw an improvement in his I'm gonna get my three yards attitude. I fell like he took the money and ran away with it after his one good season. Good lord, 4 guys on our OL lost their jobs because our running game was so horrible, not to mention the draft picks that were wasted in trading for him. Thanks alot Ricky.

I don't think anyone's going to applaud him Prisco. Hit the bullseye everywhere else though.

:clap: for Prisco.....:eek:

My favorite quote is off topic really..."This is a quitter, a guy who bailed on his teammates as they were readying to make a Super Bowl push."

When did this guy ever say we were making a SB push?? :huh:

inFINSible said:
:clap: for Prisco.....:eek:

My favorite quote is off topic really..."This is a quitter, a guy who bailed on his teammates as they were readying to make a Super Bowl push."

When did this guy ever say we were making a SB push?? :huh:
:roflmao: True, true.

bakedmatt said:
I don't think anyone's going to applaud him Prisco. Hit the bullseye everywhere else though.
We've had plenty of people on this forum applauding him.

I think Prisco understands that someone of Rickys caliber was good for the NFL. It is a shame to through away all that talent.

Sportsline's Pete Prisco comments on Ricky

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7523844

I totally agree with Prisco's statements:

"Williams told the Herald the only people who he has to be accountable to are his three kids. I bet they'll love it years from now when their friends tell them how their daddy walked away from NFL millions to smoke weed and hang out in tin shacks" :evil:

"Williams is also selfish. Making this kind of decision a week before the Dolphins were to open training camp makes anything Terrell Owens did seem trivial. This is a quitter, a guy who bailed on his teammates as they were readying to make a Super Bowl push. That's the ultimate insult.

Indications are that Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt is furious. Wouldn't you be? His job is on the line and suddenly his star running back decides he'd rather sit in a circle with his legs crossed listening to poetry and clicking his fingers at every line he likes? "

@%^$! Ricky :fire: :yell:, I remember him saying in an ESPN The Mag article saying he'll never turn his back on Wanny and the Fins. Humph, some promise.

Back
Top Bottom