Merged 4x: Breaking News: Tony Dungy's Son Found Dead | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x: Breaking News: Tony Dungy's Son Found Dead

When I first found out this morning I was in disbelief, my prayers go out to the Dungy family tonight. Not only am I one of the biggest Dolphins fans this year, but I am pulling for the Colts to win it all in memory of Tony's son. I just can't believe what happened today, R.I.P.

It is a terrible thing what happened to the Dungy family. It puts the game of football in perspective, but I think Dungy already knew that. I've heard that it was a suicide, which is awful, but let's hope that Tony and his family can overcome this.

I'm watching NFL network and Nick Saban is talking about it.

Tragic news for such a composed, well respected individual, you only feel worse knowing the whirlwind that surrounds him, and his family during such a crushing, mournful loss of a loved one.
Can only imagine, what pro coaches must wrestle with under circumstances such as these. When so much time with family has ultimately been sacrificed for this game. When, or if he asks himself the question, "What could I have done?"
Thoughts and sympathies, to him and his family.

WOW! My prayers are with him. Unbelievable!

Honest question:

How many of us will actually think about this beyond typing these "Best wishes to the Dungy family" threads?

I want to be honest and say that I really, deep down, don't care.

Phinz4Life said:
Honest question:

How many of us will actually think about this beyond typing these "Best wishes to the Dungy family" threads?

As cruel as what you said seems at first, I really do see what your saying, and that 99% of the people that said they cared won't even think about it past this thread.

Yes, I feel sad for the man, but people's children die everyday in America and any country for that matter, why should one person's child be more important than another?

Thats why I hate when the media is involved in famous people's deaths...its not right to individually care about one persons death when there are so many unfortunate parents and families, pray for those that are overseas and are still fighting to keep us safe instead...

Phinz4Life said:
Honest question:

i see your point. its sad, but i dont really care myself

Phinz4Life said:
Honest question:

I understand what you are saying.....and at 18 I probably felt the same way. What I can tell you is that many of us on this site are parents. You can never understand the fear every parent has of something happening to their child, and every parent immediatley feels the pain when another parent loses their own. It brings it very close to the heart..so much so that you yourself feel a little of the same pain. You think about your own children, and how their life is your reason for breathing. Its beyond comprehension to someone who does not have children. Trust me...Parents feel the Dungy families pain....and care very, very much.

Maybe it's because I live in Tampa. But this thing has been in my mind since I heard about it yesterday morning.

Here in Indiana it is hitting people very hard. Last week all you heard was about the Colts trying to stay undefeated and now it's about this terrible tragedy. I think it has really put life into perspective for the Colts nation and the city of Indianapolis.

Back
Top Bottom