Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers

PressCoverage said:
here's a newsflash for all you "world is flat" people: there is no conspiracy and there is no bias for one particular NFL team... The New England Patriots were the NFL's punchline for futility and misfortune for the better part of 40 years before 2001, so please don't embarass yourself by saying they get "all the calls." ... that is a child's way of explaning away something they can't understand... yeah, must be luck... the country went on and on about the same thing with the Celtics through their glory years as well... "SO LUCKY!"... Whatever... Then they'd lace em up again and beat your favorite team again... Over and over... But of course, the only thing that can ever explain it is luck... Grow up...

as for Sunday's win over Pittsburgh, and the extra 50+ seconds... so what?... i'm sure if the clock read correctly all along, the patriots (and also Steelers) would have adjusted their schemes and urgency accordingly and it all would have played out largely the same... it's not like the clock went from 1:00 to 2:00 remaining... there was plenty of time and plenty of possessions to be had after that point... so crediting the clock operator for New England's victory is ridiculous...

the clock operator wasn't stopping Tom Brady from going 12-for-12 in the fourth quarter despite two backup tackles... the clock operator wasn't helping New England stuff Pittsburgh's running game... the clock operator wasn't holding Big Ben to 12 completions... the clock operator wasn't gashing the vaunted Pittsburgh run defense for key gains in the fourth quarter...

Let's hope the Dolphins under Saban become half as rescilliant, smart and tough as the Patriots have been the past 4+ seasons... Let's hope opposing fans foolishly suggest Miami got "so lucky" time and time again...

Good, smart football teams create their own luck.... Don't ever doubt that, or you're living in a world of paranoia...

I won't say they get all the calls, but they get too many that go their way. Too many that should not have gone their way. The Tuck, that uncalled pass interference on Harrison. That btw was worse than the tuck to me. He totally mugged the Wr, and this was with the new rules in place. Like another poster said, the NFL even helped fund their darn stadium.

You see, I for one totally acknowledge the fact that the Pats were an excellent football team. They most likely would have won SB's no matter what. But that's my point. Obvious mistakes going NE's way kills any teams chances even more to beat such an excellent team.

That extra minute had a heck of a lot to do with the outcome of the game. Adding a minute to any part of the second half gave them a whole minute more to play with. Had they gotten the ball on that last drive it would have been like 30 seconds. Sure Brady is a great under pressure player, but the pressure would have been a lot more with such little time to do it.

Sure teams should not piss and moan about it, they should find ways to be better, but that's what us fans are for.

It's not the end of the world for me....

The Pats are an excellent football team, and they have a pretty good following of fans. No doubt.

it does not matter. NE was in field goal range after the first or second play. it said it took them 21 seconds to get into field position which gives them 9 seconds to spike the ball and lett adam i never miss except against the fins at home in the snow but im a lucky SOB and the ump called it good vinatierri, for a 49 yard field goal i believe which is cake for him

and yea the snow plow game was the BIGGEST form of cheating a team could openly do without punishment ever

Dirtywater said:
We'll just conviently leave out that the game's time keeper is from Pittsburgh and Pitt's stadium. It was his error. He screwed his own team. But that's ok, let's make it look like the Patriots did this on purpose. Also, the Steelers were leading by 3 at the time and there was around 14 minutes left. It was not like we were down to 2 minutes or so and the teams were tied. This could have benefitted either team.

But we got to keep up the cool kids talk!

Bashing and criticizing the Patriots is oh-so-fashionable-and-trendy.

Ho-Hum. :shakeno:

I'm a Die-hard but I have to agree with you on this one..

Doesn't matter anyways. The Pats would've changed their plan and ran out the clock because they were up one TD anyways and the would've worked the clock. But hey, not a lot you can do. And my friend wanted me to say (Patsies fan), "Not our fault, Pitts fan will make that an excuse, we were just too busy looking at our ring to keep track of time" Some of you may not like that but as a Fins Fan, I do find that a little humorous.

PressCoverage said:
you really don't know what you're talking about... thank you for eliminating your opinion from this and all future football debates...
I know exactly what I'm talking about. I've seen the replay, and I have 20/13 vision. Put those together, and I can see a fumble if it happens. I can also put together that if you lose in the playoffs, it is impossible to win the superbowl. What is so hard for you to understand?

WitheringPlant said:
I know exactly what I'm talking about. I've seen the replay, and I have 20/13 vision. Put those together, and I can see a fumble if it happens. I can also put together that if you lose in the playoffs, it is impossible to win the superbowl. What is so hard for you to understand?

ah, i see... so the refs made a conscious decision to give them that play so they could go on and win the super bowl... i see... they didn't debate the rule at all during that entire process, there was merely a conspiracy amongst themselves... cool... tell me, Mr. Garrisson, who killed Kennedy?

"bad rule... good call... "

and if you want to talk about ripoffs, do a little google research and enter these keywords: Patriots Raiders 1976 Hamilton Stabler...

http://www.patsfans.com/bob/display_story.php?story_id=2794

I just love how everyone all of a sudden thinks that the pats would have somehow won even if they got the ball back with 21 seconds left......

and how can ANYONE say that it had no bearing on the game ??? 52 seconds is a LONG LONG TIME!!!!!!

to sit here and say that even if they got that ball back without help from the clock they still would have won is ridiculous. No one knows that.

look what happpend last year in Miami when the NFL's Poster BOY tried to get them into FG position..........

PressCoverage said:
ah, i see... so the refs made a conscious decision to give them that play so they could go on and win the super bowl... i see... they didn't debate the rule at all during that entire process, there was merely a conspiracy amongst themselves... cool... tell me, Mr. Garrisson, who killed Kennedy?

"bad rule... good call... "

and if you want to talk about ripoffs, do a little google research and enter these keywords: Patriots Raiders 1976 Hamilton Stabler...

http://www.patsfans.com/bob/display_story.php?story_id=2794
I don't think you are getting my point. 1976 was a LONG time ago. I would wager that most people on this board weren't even alive then, or at the very least wouldn't remember anything from that time. Anytime the Patriots get a major call in their favor, what is the first thing that just into most peoples minds? The call that saved their ***** in the playoffs. Just like if you heard anything about a terrorist attack in the United States, you would most likely think of 9/11.

nephinsfan said:
I just love how everyone all of a sudden thinks that the pats would have somehow won even if they got the ball back with 21 seconds left......

and how can ANYONE say that it had no bearing on the game ??? 52 seconds is a LONG LONG TIME!!!!!!

to sit here and say that even if they got that ball back without help from the clock they still would have won is ridiculous. No one knows that.

look what happpend last year in Miami when the NFL's Poster BOY tried to get them into FG position..........

:lol:

You're awesome. You love to leave out the real truth to this, time and again, despite it being put in front of your face.

Let's run over this for slow:

• This happened at the 13:59 mark of the 4th Quarter with Pitt leading 13-10.
  • The clock then changed to 14:51
  • If the refs were then to spot it, the next play to happen for Pitt would have never happened.
  • A whole new set of plays and cirumstances would have happened.
To act as though the same plays and player movements would have happened to leave :21 on the clock with the same score is false.

Since there would have been a different game played, anything, repeat anything could have happened. They could have scored 14 points on us, we could have scored 17 straight on them, but one thing is sure, the same exact game wouldn't have happened. All new plays, time-outs and strategies would have been used.

An example:

You go to leave your house, start to drive down the street. You wait a a light and then witness a car accident. You drive past it and go to your destination.

Conversley, you leave your house, drive down the street and forget your wallet. Realizing it, you turn around and retrieve it. Go back down but now there is a bit of a traffic jam due to a car accident that happened. You get to your destination 10 minutes later.

Everything you did after turning around negated the same thing from happening.

and who is to say under those whole new plays and circumstances, that New England still would have won???? Or are we just going to go ahead and say that they would have just because it was the pats??

nephinsfan said:
and who is to say under those whole new plays and circumstances, that New England still would have won???? Or are we just going to go ahead and say that they would have just because it was the pats??

:lol:

I know I wrote a lot, but did you read it? I said as much. Anyone, or anything could have happened. We're now saying the same thing. The only thing for sure is that the exact way it played out would not have happened.

Could have been a Pitt blowout or NE blowout, score could have remained the same or any other scenario you can think of.

well,going by the way the game actually played out,if you take away the 52 seconds,the pats still got into fg range before time would have originally expired.

Ozzy said:
I won't say they get all the calls, but they get too many that go their way. Too many that should not have gone their way. The Tuck, that uncalled pass interference on Harrison. That btw was worse than the tuck to me. He totally mugged the Wr, and this was with the new rules in place. Like another poster said, the NFL even helped fund their darn stadium.

You see, I for one totally acknowledge the fact that the Pats were an excellent football team. They most likely would have won SB's no matter what. But that's my point. Obvious mistakes going NE's way kills any teams chances even more to beat such an excellent team.

That extra minute had a heck of a lot to do with the outcome of the game. Adding a minute to any part of the second half gave them a whole minute more to play with. Had they gotten the ball on that last drive it would have been like 30 seconds. Sure Brady is a great under pressure player, but the pressure would have been a lot more with such little time to do it.

Sure teams should not piss and moan about it, they should find ways to be better, but that's what us fans are for.

It's not the end of the world for me....

The Pats are an excellent football team, and they have a pretty good following of fans. No doubt.

tuck rule is a ruleperiod. second of all,if you had a clue,you would see that woodson got away witha clear as day roughing the passer penalty on brady. he b_i_t_c_h slapped/clubbed him on theside of the head.

that pat/colt afccg game,the colts got away with quite a few penaltys that game. in fact they got away with two penaltys on both there td drives. one was a 3rd and 10 non delay of game call when mannin hiked the ball literally 3 sevconds after the play clock hit zero. they got 11 yards on theplay btw,and it keep the drive alive.

there second td drive,they got away with a obvious trap on a fourth down catch that keep the drive alive and led to td

and if you watch that tape,you will also see that poor indy o-line constantly hold the over-whelming pats d-line on MOST pass plays and not get flagged for it.and some were big-time obvious.

pats/phins 2003. pats got forked out of the overtime coin toss. another big moment in that game was a huge completion to chambers(i believe),i cant remember if it was in overtime or at the end of the 4th quarter, but anyways chambers only caught the ball with ONE foot in-bounds.it wasnt even close,but got credit with a catch(it went for quite a good gain too).that bullchit NON-CATCH set up a possible GAME WINNING kick wich was either blocked or missed. you gonna tell me pats dont get F-ED real hard at times? that bs catch by chambers could have really f-ed up positioning for the pats if that fg was made. the fact the fish even got into fg range in the first place was hideous.

theres quite a few other times i can think of at the top of my head where the pats got screwed hard and heavy. the popular thing these days is for bitter/jealous fans from other teams to say,PATS KEEP GETTING LUCKY.or,PATS KEEP GETTING ALL THE BREAKS. its the IN thing to say in the nfl world.

Back
Top Bottom