Merged 6x:Jets vets pissed off...LOL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 6x:Jets vets pissed off...LOL

"Signing a declining Damien Woody from a bad Detroit [offensive line] and then changing his position might be the single dumbest move this year. Trading [linebacker Jonathan] Vilma for very little may be the second, although I'm not sure about his knee. And he has no clue what to do with [defensive tackle Dewayne] Robertson."

I decided to post this bleb from PFT to remind many of the doomsday sayers and people unhappy with our FA, that it is not just about the big names. The jest have spent a ton of money only a few people and are not upgraded by much. Most experts that I have read still believe we have had an excellent FA period by getting the right guys that fit or system for a sensible cost. We have also gotten younger.

Parcells has a penchant for talent and enjoys this side of football even more than coaching. He will do the right thing and get us turned around quickly. And he will do it without pissing anyone off because he is also very cogniscient of keeping good connections.

We will be fine.:winkwink:

So now "media insiders" declare who did well and poorly in FA?

You are going to be fine b/c of that?

it's funny how you guys dismiss PFT whenever anything negative about the dolphins appears yet here you are in glee over "media insiders" bashing the Jets.

The Jenkins deal loos ALOT better now that Cleveland gave Shaun Rogers $20+ mil in guaranteed money when we gave Jenkins $9.5.

and this "media insider" notes what the giants did last year but he fails to mention they brought in high priced guys over the previous several seasons. Guys like Plaxico, Kareem Mckenzie, Sam Madison, Antonio Pierce,...

This not an all or nothing year, it is not Super Bowl or bust. This is our FIRST dip into big name FA in about a decade.

http://giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=6058

I know you guys are desperate to attack the Jets but we've had an excellent offseason so far. Don't be mad at us b/c Pace spurned you.

So now "media insiders" declare who did well and poorly in FA?

You are going to be fine b/c of that?

it's funny how you guys dismiss PFT whenever anything negative about the dolphins appears yet here you are in glee over "media insiders" bashing the Jets.

The Jenkins deal loos ALOT better now that Cleveland gave Shaun Rogers $20+ mil in guaranteed money when we gave Jenkins $9.5.

and this "media insider" notes what the giants did last year but he fails to mention they brought in high priced guys over the previous several seasons. Guys like Plaxico, Kareem Mckenzie, Sam Madison, Antonio Pierce,...

This not an all or nothing year, it is not Super Bowl or bust. This is our FIRST dip into big name FA in about a decade.

http://giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=6058

I know you guys are desperate to attack the Jets but we've had an excellent offseason so far. Don't be mad at us b/c Pace spurned you.

your missing the point of my post and don't be so touchy. I wa smore making a point of how it's not all about big names not necessarily bashing the jets. I personally like PFT. Good or bad they seem to get a lot of inside info

your missing the point of my post and don't be so touchy. I wa smore making a point of how it's not all about big names not necessarily bashing the jets. I personally like PFT. Good or bad they seem to get a lot of inside info

I like the non-big name/big $ approach. I think you get more bang for the buck BUT the Jets are trying something different. The Jets had a ton of cap room and decided to pay a couple of guys. Overall they have done a great job.

-Faneca is slightly overpaid but derrick Dockery got $18.5 mil in guaranteed money so the $20-22 that Faneca got almost looks like a bargain. he significantly upgrades our Ol and he slides in btw our 2 1st rd picks from 2 years ago. he is going to be a huge factor in their development.

-We gave up a 3 and 5 to get jenkins then gave him $9.5 mil guaranteed. The Browns trdaed a 3 and a quality starting corner for Shaun Rogers AND gave him $20+ mil guaranteed. We alsoi had a deal for Dewayne Robertson that would have brought back a 4 and a 5 from Cincy, that deal is off for now but not dead.

-we signed Damien Woody to $11 mil guaranteed. Woody supposedly played well late in the year at RT and we need an upgrade at RT. Buf signed Langston Walker to be their RT and gave him $10 mil guaranteed last year. Woody is just 2 years older.

The only real outrageous deal was for Calvin Pace. We overspent, there's no question about it but we got into a bidding war w/ a rival team. BOTH teams felt Pace was a great fit as an OLB in the 3-4, this breakout year was Pace's FIRST in the 3-4.

No matter what the Jets spent there is no doubt we are ALOT better. Our OL goes from major weakness to major strength, we finally got a big body at NT and we added a guy who can rush the passer.

Its only common sense. I saw this coming once the deal for Jenkins and Pace went through like it did. Then woody! OMG. The New Jersey Redskins

LOL Pace "I'm no Savior"...

Translation: I got my bread, now I'm going to straight up chill mode"....

Ya, I think the Pace comments speak louder than the disgruntled vet. It's like he's already making excuses for why he will not live up to expectations...

Back
Top Bottom