MERGED: Annoying Ads | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Annoying Ads

its an advertisement thats sometimes at the bottom and sometimes at the top. it says "congrats, you are the 10,000th user" er somethin like thatand beeps at you to get your attention. just hit mute. finheaven made the mistake to take those guys on as a sponser. sometimes i see the banner on myspace. dont trip.

its an advertisement thats sometimes at the bottom and sometimes at the top. it says "congrats, you are the 10,000th user" er somethin like thatand beeps at you to get your attention. just hit mute. finheaven made the mistake to take those guys on as a sponser. sometimes i see the banner on myspace. dont trip.

They need to get rid of that advertiser.. do you get the same advertising in VIP? That would make someone not want to join

Yeah, that damn thing is annoying. If I hit the x to close it takes me somewhere anyway. It don't make a noise on mine though.:unsure:

I have never had any problems with it. Finheaven is THE ONLY site that I have experienced this with recently. Its never happened before until I clicked on that jackasses damn link. Ban his ***

Besides, I dont want to load my computer with 5 internet browsers either.

Hello,

I think it's the new ads they have here, they had to do something to help pay for the site cuzz most of the people that made up the "VIP" here, are gone.

I had that happen to me early on today. I went off and then went back on and the noises went away.

noises/popups... we are aware of the problem and we are gathering edvidence/screenshots so that we can have the ad company remove them. Some of them are very annoying, but often if you hit the refresh button you'll rotate the PITA out and a tolerable one in.

noises/popups... we are aware of the problem and we are gathering edvidence/screenshots so that we can have the ad company remove them. Some of them are very annoying, but often if you hit the refresh button you'll rotate the PITA out and a tolerable one in.

I kind of figured as much. I am not sure how much control you have over the ads that display, but text ones like Adsense are much more pleasing to the eyes and less annoying than these "free smiley" blinking and beeping ads.

I realize that this site needs ad revenue to pay the bills, but on the other hand you don't want to drive people away.

I was just coming to complain about those ads too. Please don't have ads that make noise... its really annoying.

ads that make noise are like a death sentence at work.

And they've also been there for a week or so now. I keep thinking my computer is bugging out and then I realize, oh, it's the dumb annoying ad

They need to get rid of that advertiser.. do you get the same advertising in VIP? That would make someone not want to join

yes you do. And it's been a problem for over a week now despite a thread on it.

I also keep thinking my computer is bugging out and it takes me a few seconds to realize it was the seizure ad. Usually I start shutting down all my programs, including this browser. Great way to drive people off the site, I hope that ad is worth a lot of money

Hello,

I think it's the new ads they have here, they had to do something to help pay for the site cuzz most of the people that made up the "VIP" here, are gone.

Looks like some little Joisee plick owes me an APOLOGY!

ADMINS!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime I logon to finheaven only my computer starts making or playing weird countdown and windows error like sounds... anyone else having this issue?

It is one of those damn banner ads that say click here you are the 10000000000000000 person to see this ad and you have won a ****ing toaster. IT IS DRIVING ME ****ING NUTS.

Yesterday it had me shutting everything down until I found it to be the damn ads.

Back
Top Bottom