MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game

CrunchTime said:
Youve hit the nail on the head.The best QB in this years open market was Henson.He is going to be the Marino/Elway of the future..In years to come we will regret the opportunity we lost in getting him.Losman,Rivers,Eli,Henson will be mentioned in the same breath as Marino.Elway,
Thats what they said about Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, and Tim Couch

There are some questions about Losman, but then there are questions about any draft pick. He is a bit too arrogant for no more than he has achieved. Some say that he may not be coachable due to his attitude. Also, there is a little controversy over his wunderlich test scores. Apparently he took it twice, getting a horrible score the first time and a very good one the second time, leading some to believe he may have gotten a copy when he re-took the test. He claims that his failure on his first attempt at the test was due to having to go to the bathroom. Either way, he is either too dumb to pass the test without cheating or too dumb to make a pit stop before the test started.
There is a QB currently playing that during his first few years in the league was a bit more ****y than he should have been and who some said was uncoachable. That was Brett Favre, to which many have compared Losman. Then again, a more recent overly arrogant QB with questionable character also comes to mind....Ryan Leaf. If Losman turns out more like the former, then of course you got a bargain, but I'm not sure its wise to be talking about what a great deal you got on another team's board until you were absolutely sure he wasnt going to be more like the latter.

DaQuix said:
Dude. Unless you know what your talking about, DONT TALK!

We traded first round picks. No one lost a 1st round pick. Dallas gave us there THIS YEARS PICK this year and we gave them our NEXT YEARS PICK.

So on different years we both get 2 first round picks. We just traded years. Dallas went without a 1st round pick this year. We will go without next year.

We only gave up a 2nd rounder :rolleyes:

The Bills used a first, a second, and a fifth round pick to draft Losman.

I was at the game. Losman looked good. He took a couple of nasty shots. The backup LT is going to get chewed out today. He let a LB get by and you could hear the shot Losman took in the stands.

McGahee looked strong but not fast. I expected him to be much faster. I don't think he is all the way back yet. On the positive side for McGahee, he took a good shot to his left knee and got right back up.

The middle of the Bills oline still looks weak. Travis had no where to run and Drew was under some pressure.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

We used a second and a 5th... We got next year's first rounder a year early. i.e. That's why we have two first rounder's this year. Simple math. Kind of like the kind of math involved in calculating your sorry a$$ team's chance at a post season birth. :rofl:

yankeehillbilly said:
There are some questions about Losman, but then there are questions about any draft pick. He is a bit too arrogant for no more than he has achieved. Some say that he may not be coachable due to his attitude. Also, there is a little controversy over his wunderlich test scores. Apparently he took it twice, getting a horrible score the first time and a very good one the second time, leading some to believe he may have gotten a copy when he re-took the test. He claims that his failure on his first attempt at the test was due to having to go to the bathroom. Either way, he is either too dumb to pass the test without cheating or too dumb to make a pit stop before the test started.
There is a QB currently playing that during his first few years in the league was a bit more ****y than he should have been and who some said was uncoachable. That was Brett Favre, to which many have compared Losman. Then again, a more recent overly arrogant QB with questionable character also comes to mind....Ryan Leaf. If Losman turns out more like the former, then of course you got a bargain, but I'm not sure its wise to be talking about what a great deal you got on another team's board until you were absolutely sure he wasnt going to be more like the latter.

Big difference between arrogant and confident. Every player and coach that the NFL Network interviewed called him very confident... No one said arrogant, no one said ****y... They said confident. I will take the word of the guys that play with him day in and out before I take some over blown media hype.

harmonkoz said:
We used a second and a 5th... We got next year's first rounder a year early. i.e. That's why we have two first rounder's this year. Simple math. Kind of like the kind of math involved in calculating your sorry a$$ team's chance at a post season birth. :rofl:

???? Please go back the math class. You failed.

Just before the trade and Losman was picked, the Bills had:

- a 2nd rounder in 2004
- a 5th rounder in 2004
- a 1st rounder in 2005
- no J.P. Losman

Just after the trade and Losman pick, the Bills had:

- J.P. Losman
- no 2nd rounder in 2004
- no 5th rounder in 2004
- no 1st rounder in 2005

Losman cost the Bills three picks instead of one. They paid an extra 2nd and 5th in addition to the first next year.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
???? Please go back the math class. You failed.

Just before the trade and Losman was picked, the Bills had:

- a 2nd rounder in 2004
- a 5th rounder in 2004
- a 1st rounder in 2005
- no J.P. Losman

Just after the trade and Losman pick, the Bills had:

- J.P. Losman
- no 2nd rounder in 2004
- no 5th rounder in 2004
- no 1st rounder in 2005

Losman cost the Bills three picks instead of one. They paid an extra 2nd and 5th in addition to the first next year.
look just quit trying they cant understand it

FinfanInBuffalo said:
in all reality dallas just traded down about 9 spots and still got the guy they were wanting. then they picked up an extra 2nd round pick this year with a 5th to go with it and THEY the cowboys have 2 FIRST round picks next year their FIRST and YOUR first. you (the bills) DO NOT HAVE a first next year so if the bill post a bad record which is possible the cowboys get a possible top 5 or top 10 first round pick to go along with their top ten pick :D and you guys got pick number 23. so number 23 with a 2nd round and a 5th round in 04 and a posssible top 5 or 10 in the first in 05 is as you say a "steal".. you are correct :cooldude: so all you gave up was a second round pick to get losman you are right :shakeno: :eek: :confused:

WTF is the matter with you guys? Why is this trade so hard to understand?

Bills traded: 1st 2005, 2nd 2004, 5th 2004

Bills received: 1st 2004

1st's cancel out and you're left with a 2nd and a 5th for the ability to draft Losman in 2004. What exactly is the problem?

Most in Buffalo think the trade was a steal. Why? Travis Brown was the only other QB on the roster with experience. Bledsoe will be gone in a couple of years. Most don't think Brown has the ability to take over for him. We needed to bring in a talented young QB to learn the system and learn from Bledsoe as soon as possible. We didn't have a pick in the top 11 to get any of the others in this years draft class. Buffalo fans realize that you have to give up something in order to get something. Buffalo fans also realize that draft picks are not worth their weight in gold like some around here seem to think. Franchise QB's are worth their weight in gold. Some picks pan out, some don't. they are a gamble. The percentage of 2nd rounders and 5th rounders that turn into contributing members is small. It's a risk. We'll see how it pays off in a couple years.

BuffRangePigpen said:
WTF is the matter with you guys? Why is this trade so hard to understand?

Bills traded: 1st 2005, 2nd 2004, 5th 2004

Bills received: 1st 2004

1st's cancel out and you're left with a 2nd and a 5th for the ability to draft Losman in 2004. What exactly is the problem?

Most in Buffalo think the trade was a steal. Why? Travis Brown was the only other QB on the roster with experience. Bledsoe will be gone in a couple of years. Most don't think Brown has the ability to take over for him. We needed to bring in a talented young QB to learn the system and learn from Bledsoe as soon as possible. We didn't have a pick in the top 11 to get any of the others in this years draft class. Buffalo fans realize that you have to give up something in order to get something. Buffalo fans also realize that draft picks are not worth their weight in gold like some around here seem to think. Franchise QB's are worth their weight in gold. Some picks pan out, some don't. they are a gamble. The percentage of 2nd rounders and 5th rounders that turn into contributing members is small. It's a risk. We'll see how it pays off in a couple years.
why is it so hard to understand that you gave up a FUTURE number 1 pick as well. you guys picked at spot number 11 or 12 in the 2004 draft in the first round. you did not swap that pick you used it to select LEE EVANS remember?? you GAVE UP NEXT YEARS FIRST to the cowboys do you understand???? how did you swap you alreay had a pick in this years draft LEE EVANS!!! you gave up FUTURE NUMBER 1 IN 2005 understand????? these first round picks do not cancel out you picked at spot 11 or 12 already and got a player named lee evans. you gave up 3 picks a first in 05 included.

BuffRangePigpen said:

The 1st's cancel out??? WTH does that mean. Losman cost a 1st, 2nd, and 5th. period.

I think the Bills got hosed. They should have taken Losman with their first pick and used the 2nd round pick for a WR. They could have traded down from the 13th spot also and still taken Losman. It was a WR heavy draft. They could have then moved up to late first round and still gotten Jenkins or Woods.

They would still have had next year's #1.

Are you kidding me? I can't believe i'm reading this. Either you're just messing with me, or you have the worst reading comprehension skills of anybody i've ever seen.

You can't just look at what a team gives away in a trade. That would be like saying the Lakers got screwed in the Shaq deal because they lost him to the heat. They got something in return you know? Just as the Bills got something in return for the 2005 1st rounder. A 2004 1st Rounder.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The 1st's cancel out??? WTH does that mean. Losman cost a 1st, 2nd, and 5th. period.
I can't take it, i'm out of here. Back to the Buffalo board where the posters have made it past the third grade.

Back
Top Bottom