MERGED: ***BOSTON OUT FOR THE SEASON*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: ***BOSTON OUT FOR THE SEASON***

psirus716 said:
I dont know why you can't face it guys, I mean I don't mean to be a dick but c'mon...you Have to have a losing season eventually. I've said this before and will say it again, you have been spoiled with the good records the dolphins have posted up. Every team has to rebuild. I would predict like a 6-10 season for the Dolphins this season honestly. This is what I would do...

Save it. I wait all year long for football season. I run a damn website devoted to it for kryst sake. So don't give me this "give up now" garbage. You don't know how the season will turn out, nor do I. This team still has a lot of talent. But when you lose the caliber of players we've just lost, it hurts. And I just can't see how someone can just disregard it and look to next year. Do you not long for football?? You want to "face facts", fine. But don't tell me I have to expect a losing season, because I won't. I'll take it as it comes. But I WILL NOT walk into the stadium with my head down, already defeated.

P.S. - I really don't care what you'd do next year. I'm not in the mood to hear it. If I come off standoffish, it's because I care about this team. And when something drastic occurs, I'm not in the mood to be lectured by the "enlightened". That's the quickest way to p*ss off a diehard fan. :fire:

well it's kind of stupid when all you guys always throw cheap shots all all afc east teams and how the dolphins will dominate STILL even after ALL of this and won't face the facts. Seriously it's about dropping the ego and admitting what might and probably will happen. Seriously how is this team going to move the ball? HOW!!!! NO QB, 1 WR, NO RB, and BOTCHED OLINE! PRO BOWL DE HOLDING OUT. I'm not being a pompous dick but seriously how can you not have thoughts about a losing season.

Muck said:
Save it. I wait all year long for football season. I run a damn website devoted to it for kryst sake. So don't give me this "give up now" garbage. You don't know how the season will turn out, nor do I. This team still has a lot of talent. But when you lose the caliber of players we've just lost, it hurts. And I just can't see how someone can just disregard it and look to next year. Do you not long for football?? You want to "face facts", fine. But don't tell me I have to expect a losing season, because I won't. I'll take it as it comes. But I WILL NOT walk into the stadium with my head down, already defeated.

P.S. - I really don't care what you'd do next year. I'm not in the mood to hear it. If I come off standoffish, it's because I care about this team. And when something drastic occurs, I'm not in the mood to be lectured by the "enlightened". That's the quickest way to p*ss off a diehard fan. :fire:

Unlike most people on this board Psirus716 sees the positive side of this should we happen to have a bad season. The majority of super bowl teams get there after having one or more not-so-great seasons. While I want to see us win more than anyone, I’ve believed for a long time that this team will have to suffer at least one bad season for a couple of reasons – 1) to lower the annual lofty expectations that are always based on a failed previous season and a few players that can’t manage to do it alone 2) to get some young, mentally strong, top quality talent, especially on offense.

If people on this board are honest, this season was a wash in most people’s minds anyway. A castrated, ultra-conservative Wannstadt is still coach, Fielder is still possibly our QB, we have another unproven OC (can anyone say Kippy Brown?) and our O-line has more holes than a whiffle ball. Ricky or not, Boston or not, this season was very likely not a super bowl season from the beginning of the off season. The defense is our only saving grace and who knows how the new pass interference rules will affect that. If anyone here doesn't want to hear it and would rather continue to live in fantasy land by listening to your heart not your head, that’s your choice. You may be vindicated after a great championship season. I just won't hold my breath any longer. I’ve been “a diehard fan†longer than most and living in fantasy land for too long with this team but after the past couple of seasons, I will be there no more. No need to go in with your head down but at least get it out of the sand. Not trying to be a downer, just dealing with this realistically.

P.S. - I really don't care what you'd do next year. I'm not in the mood to hear it. If I come off standoffish, it's because I care about this team. And when something drastic occurs, I'm not in the mood to be lectured by the "enlightened". That's the quickest way to p*ss off a diehard fan.

Damn straight!!

A true fan will never do a Ricky Williams. The Dolphins are going to fight like hell on every down this season- count on it!

Muck said:

*cheer*

Thats what being a fan is all about. You stick with your team through good times and bad. When the bad happens, you suck it up and hold your head high. And when the good times come in, you ride it like a prom queen, because its a sweet piece of *** thats not going to last.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! wow. if you couldnt tell that was laughter to hide the sorrow that has just engulfed my body. we are going to have to pull out a freeking miracle from our butt holes. not that i was a huge boston fan but im not a huge fan of rookies and untested talent in key positions. awesome. just AWESOME! the dolphins will be the anti-panthers. contenders to 1-15 (im not serious).if the dolphins have a losing record after oct 17th start watching the blame game go to the offseason from the players.

I am a Pats fan. For the longest time, we couldn't catch a break. But when we did, we ran away with it.

Fans don't deserve this type of stuff so I feel bad for most of you. Except for Disgusti.

Keep rooting. The victories will be much sweet now.

I just heard the bad news.... damn... what's next?

you guys went 11-5 in back to back years with a crappy qb, crappy receivers, and a marginal RB...then again the competition wasn't as good as it is now, but I wouldn't give up all hope just yet. You guys won't win the superbowl, but you still might make the playoffs

This whole situation with you guys is just..... wow.... I almost feel bad coming here to make fun of you.

:lol:

CirclingWagons said:
you guys went 11-5 in back to back years with a crappy qb, crappy receivers, and a marginal RB...then again the competition wasn't as good as it is now, but I wouldn't give up all hope just yet. You guys won't win the superbowl, but you still might make the playoffs
No you won't, he's just trying to be nice.

TarHeel and psirus.....

It's not about having your head in the sand. Nor is anyone here saying we're STILL going to dominate. It's about not giving up. "You guys all...." Stop right there. Stop generalizing. Fact is, that's a very small minority.

And like I said, with the news of this season-ending injury so fresh, I was in no mood to be lectured. I was upset and wanted to stay upset.

TarHeel, this season WAS NOT a wash in my ming. I actually still felt we could compete without Ricky. I mean, he was just one player. His play declined last year. And his backups are looking very nice. We still had our defense. The loss of Williams forced new thought and a diversified attack. I felt we could do serious damage, make the playoffs. I was EXCITED about the season.

Now it's going to be A LOT harder. I still don't expect a losing season. With our defense, I think we can be 8-8. But without solid QB play, it's going to be A LOT harder than 2000-2001 because the rest of the division is so much better than they were then.

Either way, I'M NOT GIVING UP!! I still can't wait for the season to get here!! Just a little sobered today. :(

to those fans of other teams who have shown class with their posts in this thread, thank you.

when i see players on other teams on our schedule go down with injuries i think of it like this: i want to kick the crap out of the Bills, Jets, Pats, and everyone else in the league... i want Miami to sweep the division rivals obviously. but i want to beat them at full strength. the best 11 players at their positions for both teams on the field at the same time.

this has been an unbelievable offseason and preseason...

Back
Top Bottom