Merged: Brady Quinn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brady Quinn

Young

I think Vince Young is a bust in the NFL. I think he is a good quarterback in a very weak Big 12, but I don't think any team should waste a first round pick on him.

LostInPatsLand said:
We've given up too many first round picks in the past five years. The last thing we need to do is give up another, even if Quinn is the second coming of Tom Brady. There are other means of getting a fine QB.

If we knew for a fact that he would be the next Tom Brady you trade up. Youre basicly saying you would rather have an extra 1st and a 4th rather than 3 rings in 4 years. Makes no sense to say that.

kizzaboo said:
If we knew for a fact that he would be the next Tom Brady you trade up. Youre basicly saying you would rather have an extra 1st and a 4th rather than 3 rings in 4 years. Makes no sense to say that.

First of all, there were 21 other starters on the team, not to mention great coaches and special teams players, that brought 3 rings to the Patriots in 4 years. Look at the Patriots now. Players are hurt, coaches have left, and the Patriots are not a very good team anymore, even with Brady.

Secondly, if Quinn left, he's a top 5 pick probably. We're picking 13 right now. I think we'd need more than a 1st and a 4th to get him. If the game was called, "Quarterback," I'd be all for it. This is football. We need a decent number of hits on draft day to get our team back.

Again, a great QB doesn't mean the team will be great. To make my point, Dan Marino never did win a superbowl, and in my opinion, he's the greatest QB ever.

Finally, I admit the most important thing to rebuild our franchise is to get a great QB. I'm just saying there other ways to do it than to bankrupt our bank of draft picks.

Why trade up for any QB when it's been proven that just as many 5th round QB picks make it in the NFL as starters as 1st rounders?

acmeanvil49 said:
Why trade up for any QB when it's been proven that just as many 5th round QB picks make it in the NFL as starters as 1st rounders?
how many of them are worth a damn though? not many

LostInPatsLand said:
First of all, there were 21 other starters on the team, not to mention great coaches and special teams players, that brought 3 rings to the Patriots in 4 years. Look at the Patriots now. Players are hurt, coaches have left, and the Patriots are not a very good team anymore, even with Brady.

Secondly, if Quinn left, he's a top 5 pick probably. We're picking 13 right now. I think we'd need more than a 1st and a 4th to get him. If the game was called, "Quarterback," I'd be all for it. This is football. We need a decent number of hits on draft day to get our team back.

Again, a great QB doesn't mean the team will be great. To make my point, Dan Marino never did win a superbowl, and in my opinion, he's the greatest QB ever.

Finally, I admit the most important thing to rebuild our franchise is to get a great QB. I'm just saying there other ways to do it than to bankrupt our bank of draft picks.

BING BING BING...

There are a few really good QB's. I keep thinking one of the big three will slide down to us. I would prefer Quinn, but depending on the cost to move up to draft him... May not be worth it. We have more than ONE hole. I think this year's rookies shows what Saban can do with draft picks. I say don't take away too many from him.

Brady Quinn Will Return

NCAA | Quinn will return to Notre Dame
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:21:15 -0800

Tom Coyne, of the Associated Press, reports Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn will return to Notre Dame for his senior season.

Damn. That sucks.

OK, so now we're dependant on Vince Young coming out. Not so we can pick him, just to bump Cutler down to us.

Caps said:
OK, so now we're dependant on Vince Young coming out. Not so we can pick him, just to bump Cutler down to us.

vince yound is going to declare no way in hell he goes back next year he wont be in front of brady quinn might as well keep the3 shot vs leinart and cutler

Back
Top Bottom