MERGED: Dannell Ellerbe signs with Dolphins | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dannell Ellerbe signs with Dolphins

Just read on NFL.COM that Dansby refused a pay cut/re-structure....interesting.

IM not sure I would have taken a pay cut either. I mean we had cap room and we signed Wallace to a huge contract.

IM not sure I would have taken a pay cut either. I mean we had cap room and we signed Wallace to a huge contract.

He is 31 will someone give him a massive deal?

He is 31 will someone give him a massive deal?

Not at all but he will still get paid and will get a chance to negotiate a new contract.
In reality he should get a solid deal but the NFL really is not kind to its vets.
He is a very good versatile linebacker that I always thought we overpaid but he will be a good addition to any defense.
We just replaced one overpaid linebacker with a less proven overpaid linebacker. I would rather have drafted a MLB

man o man, some people in this world are so stupid. Teams are dropping players to what? spend more millions on 32 year olds? no. looking for discount.

You try to take a cut thats respectable. People's ego's are tremendous in this world. As if 10mil/year is not enough.

This CBA did not benefit players if you ask me. Got rookie salary cap, salary cap stayed same pretty much. The only thing they got going for them is teams having to spend 90%. Cleveland has a ways to go.

man o man, some people in this world are so stupid. Teams are dropping players to what? spend more millions on 32 year olds? no. looking for discount.

You try to take a cut thats respectable. People's ego's are tremendous in this world. As if 10mil/year is not enough.

This CBA did not benefit players if you ask me. Got rookie salary cap, salary cap stayed same pretty much. The only thing they got going for them is teams having to spend 90%. Cleveland has a ways to go.

He knew he would probably get cut next year because of cap anyway. He still gets a good amount of money from Phins and a possibility at a new contract. I mean look at Boldin, they dont win a superbowl without him and they ask him to take a cut after they give Flacco richest qb contract. A smart team will sign Dansby up for a really cap friendly amount. He has the rare ability to play multiple lb positions.
Sports salaries are beyond stupid when A guy like Mike Wallace who is a damn good football player is getting paid like an elite player. I mean hell look at Jared Cook he has done pretty pedestrian in the league and somebody gives him 7 million a year, same with Ellerbee.

Back
Top Bottom