Merged:Dolphins Playing Hardball With Ogun/More Warner/Collins rumors | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Dolphins Playing Hardball With Ogun/More Warner/Collins rumors

PFT read my post. :lol:

I'm a league source! :wizard:

ZOD said:
PFT read my post. :lol:

I'm a league source! :wizard:

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. I'm glad that PhinKev let us know, but the report itself is really lame based on our prior discussions. :)

ZOD OWNS PFT! :lol:

I'm not sure I see the point of lowering the tender offer, though. At this point, as far as Ogun is concerned, anything less than $5 million a year is an insult, so what's the big deal between $1.35 and $450,000?

Salary Cap space. If the tender is withdrawn Ogun becomes an UFA. His cap charge now is $1.824 million. Reducing it to $662.5 thousand is not a bad savings for a player not contributing.

I should have added also the pressure put on the player to sign. For a player who wants to get paid giving up a million dollars will be a big deal.

Merman said:
Salary Cap space. If the tender is withdrawn Ogun becomes an UFA. His cap charge now is $1.824 million. Reducing it to $662.5 thousand is not a bad savings for a player not contributing.

I should have added also the pressure put on the player to sign. For a player who wants to get paid giving up a million dollars will be a big deal.

I withdraw my comment. :)

I don't know why everyone is so hard on PFT. Sure they can be wrong, but I've been reading them for a while and they do a decent job except for the crusade they are on about those agents (Postons?).

I'm not sure if anyone has been checking, but the track record of the beat writers isn't perfect either.

Anyway, If I were Rick, I'd call Drew up and say if the tender is not signed we are going to reduce it well ahead of time so that Ogun can't claim it was some shock.

Besides, if he says he will not sign it, then why would he care if it is reduced and the Dolphins save some cap room.

PhinKev said:
I don't know why everyone is so hard on PFT. Sure they can be wrong, but I've been reading them for a while and they do a decent job except for the crusade they are on about those agents (Postons?).
they posted that bogus Fins schedule that came from here. Makes you wonder if the report you are reading from them comes from someones sister's friend's uncle's office mate's cousin of the Saddams information minister .

Merman said:

no he dosn't his rights belong to the dolphins and the fins have the right to lower his tender to 400000 or something like that can't remember the exact total , even with the lower tender the dolphins own his rights ...

What's with Wally (Sun)

AND

Ogunleye changes tune, hopes to make deal (Sun)

If this gives any depth to the RUMOR...

Sounds like Wally's gonna have to take JT's original advice... play it out (get your butt to camp with the team) and THEN get the BIG DEAL (after you've proven you're a TEAM guy and not a 1 man roster).

I hope it all works out for both parties....

OWNED-Jason Cole and now PFT....

This situation reminds me of a conversation I had one time with my good friend Andy of Mayberry about my school grades.

ZOD: Boy, I tell you, if I ever came home with anything less than As, I just didn't dare come home.
Andy: I don't remember you getting all As.

ZOD: I did that once. Remember? The teacher made such a fuss about it that all the kids hated me.

Andy: I don't remember.

ZOD: Well, it's a fact. I didn't want 'em thinking I was some kind of a snob or an egghead or something, so I buckled down and got bad marks.

Andy: That must have taken real effort.

ZOD: You think you're kidding. Listen, an IQ can be a mixed blessing sometimes. Some people want it and can't get it. I got it and had to get rid of it. Life's funny that way, you know?

ZOD said:
OWNED-Jason Cole and now PFT....

This situation reminds me of a conversation I had one time with my good friend Andy of Mayberry about my school grades.

ZOD: Boy, I tell you, if I ever came home with anything less than As, I just didn't dare come home.
Andy: I don't remember you getting all As.

ZOD: I did that once. Remember? The teacher made such a fuss about it that all the kids hated me.

Andy: I don't remember.

ZOD: Well, it's a fact. I didn't want 'em thinking I was some kind of a snob or an egghead or something, so I buckled down and got bad marks.

Andy: That must have taken real effort.

ZOD: You think you're kidding. Listen, an IQ can be a mixed blessing sometimes. Some people want it and can't get it. I got it and had to get rid of it. Life's funny that way, you know?
:huh:

Back
Top Bottom