Merged: Eric Winston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Eric Winston

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Eric Winston, OT, Falling

According to Pro Football Weekly, November 23, 2005,

Winston has not been the same since blowing out his knee last year and has not looked like the fluid athlete he was prior to the injury, which has adversely affected his draft stock and could potentially keep him out of the first round, depending how he performs in postseason workouts.

Source: PFW's College Notes

Winston is also off of Kiper's big board.

This might be good news for the Fins. It can take two years for a player to come back fully from an ACL injury. Winston was a beast before and has not recovered yet. He could fall to us in the 2nd, and that could be a steal.

yes it could, but i think somebody else will look his way before he gets to us even if he does fall into the second especially if we continue to roll this season like we have been.

Winston has been off Kiper's big board for a couple months now & he's not even on his top 5 of senior OTs. That said everyone knows Winston hasn't been completely healthy all year so Winston could still probably go in the 20s of the draft.

no news here...IMO his stock started to fall last year, when his stock started out too high to begin with

mel kiper is the biggest draft moron i've ever seen in my life of course thats my opinion but Eric Winston is the #2 or #3 best tackle in this draft and probobly one of only 3 capable of playing LT in the nfl. He'll have a huge combine, and his stock will be where it should be in time for the draft. But wouldnt that be a steal for miami to grab him in the 2nd ;)

Buddwalk said:
mel kiper is the biggest draft moron i've ever seen in my life of course thats my opinion
you base this on him being right more than just about anyone?

yea, a good workout will get him back into the 1st, but he has regressed this year. 2 years ago, he was able to handle speed rushers on his own, which is why a lot of scouts liked him. since he has returned from injury, he doesn't have the same agility to stay w/ speed rushers and um has had to chip speed rushers w/ rb's and te's. that said, he'd be a steal in the 2nd.

kastofsna120 said:

umm actually mel kiper hasnt picked more then 15 first round picks correct like ever...so how can he be right more than anyone. He just works for espn, thats all his name is mentioned above others.

Buddwalk said:
mel kiper is the biggest draft moron i've ever seen in my life of course thats my opinion

And this is coming from a guy whos mock draft included:

*Titans trade #5 overall and Titans 2nd round pick to Houston for there #1 overall pick

:lol: I dont think Kiper could have even pulled that trade outta his arse.

Now Im not calling myself perfect, although I disagree with draft people all the time, I wouldnt call anyone a moron if I posted something like that.

Philter25 said:
And this is coming from a guy whos mock draft included:

:lol: I dont think Kiper could have even pulled that trade outta his arse.

Now Im not calling myself perfect, although I disagree with draft people all the time, I wouldnt call anyone a moron if I posted something like that.

easiar to insult a mock draft then come up with one of your own...plus im not getting paid to do this just out of the goodness of my heart ;)

Also i dont know where you've been but the news on the streets is houston doesnt want that 1st overall pick and there gonna trade it away, look for the 49ers to trade up probobly finishing 2nd overall having to give up a 1st,3rd and a 2007 1st to make the jump probobly. Then the texans would be in prime position to either trade down once again or take Dbrick or Leinart whoever they seem to want more

Buddwalk said:
easiar to insult a mock draft then come up with one of your own...plus im not getting paid to do this just out of the goodness of my heart ;)

Also i dont know where you've been but the news on the streets is houston doesnt want that 1st overall pick and there gonna trade it away, look for the 49ers to trade up probobly finishing 2nd overall having to give up a 1st,3rd and a 2007 1st to make the jump probobly. Then the texans would be in prime position to either trade down once again or take Dbrick or Leinart whoever they seem to want more

I'll make my own mock once the season is over and all the draft positions are set. Its a waste of my time to make a new one every week. Its good discussion when people make mocks every week, however I doubt my boss would like to come into my office with draft sheets all over my desk and me thinking about every pick for a good 5 minutes and reviewing teams rosters.

Im well aware Houston would like to trade out of the top spot...... you obviously didnt read your Mock Draft post where I pretty much clearly explained why your proposed trade was absolutely horrible value for Houston. Jnewmatt even posted the draft chart for you.

My point was you shouldnt be calling Kiper a moron when IMO you made a huge error in your very own mock. Like I said, im not perfect in analyzing either, but if I was making major mistakes I wouldnt be calling anyone else a moron.

kastofsna120 said:

When it comes to Kiper's mock draft the week before the draft the only person consistently better than him is Scott Wright. Kiper has more access than anyone to NFL scouts & team front offices, that's why he's one of the most (if not the most) reliable draft guru out there, but over the next few months his draft board will be very volatile as usual.

Back
Top Bottom